Mbc help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Mbc help

alright, so ever since i put my MBC on i've had nothing but problems from this car. its a ball and spring home depot style but with a bleed hole.

its hooked up correctly as far as i know, boost source comes in the ball side and then out to the bottom port of the wastegate.

when i first put it on i had it adjusted up too high, blew my headgasket etc, fixed all that turned it down to 18psi, but even the first pull with the MBC on i had VERY late boost. it would go from 0 vacuum to 10psi in one huge jump but up around 5000rpm, then climb to 18psi. i turned it down just because there is no point in daily driving with that much boost. the best way to explain it was more of a hit of nitrous than spooling up.

well i broke my motor mount (into 2 pieces) at the track sunday, replaced the mounts with solid ones today and did some logging, and it was exactly as described above. i then took the MBC off and logged again, hitting 10psi by 4000rpm without the MBC, and it feels so much stronger, on the 10psi wastegate spring i'm hitting 12psi, and 12psi without the MBC is ALOT stronger than 12psi with the MBC.......

what gives? i can pick up a halman locally for $30 should i get it, or just hook up the PWM boost and run it through the ecu? i prefer to be able to adjust boost without using the laptop which is why i havent hooked up PWM yet.

any help?
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all

just realized its a turboxs ball and spring style for sale locally, not a Hallman, same style though.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Just run the pwm with a high and a low input
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

i'd need help figuring out how to do that....

i know how to hook the mac solenoid up but other than that there really is no help anywhere.

i completely forgot that was even an option, glad you said that, i was about to order a dual stage boost controller with switch.

anybody have any other insight on the original post, or help hooking up the PWM with a switch for hi/low......
Old 03-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

take a pic of ur setup

my home made ball and spring MBC holds steady at what ever PSI i want... ive used it from 12psi all the way up to 30psi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

It holds steady and will increase boost like its supposed to just makes boost come on a lot later and all at once.

Picking up the turboxs mbc in a few minutes.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna

Go • Index
Old 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

haha, have you ever asked a question over there? i have, and you get treated like an idiot. if its not a software or hardware problem you get pretty much much no help.

i pretty much know how to set it up and do the PWM corrections as if i were going to do boost by gear, but using a switch confuses me.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

i think i have it figured out, but help me out here.

wire it up where its normally open, switch off would be wastegate (low boost) and then set high boost level to whatever duty cycle gets me the PSI i want, and when i flip the switch the solenoid goes to XX duty cycle and i get high boost?

it would probably help if i actually looked at the settings in the software, probably answer some of my questions anyways.

only reason i havent messed with it is because i'm worried about overboosting, but i guess i could use boost cut to play it safe and go up a little at a time, just time consuming that way i guess.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

never had that problem and sometimes my questions r on the stupid side lol. I think its like a input u would use with a switch and it would be if the swith is open u get 10 psi in all gears if the switch is closed u get 5 in 1st 10 in 2nd 15 in 3rd etc. they use inputs like p/s pressure switch, a/c switch and u can do other setups just like switch maps at the flip of a switch.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yes that would work.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

thats what confuses me the "using" inputs.

i guess its the same as wiring the solenoid to a11 or whatever boost control is i'd just wire it to another unused input, but then what? still have to have a switch to make it go from low/high?

thats the confusing part, and the reason i chose the MBC over the PWM boost control.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

man once u use it u wonder how u lived without it u can have your boost ramp up and all.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah eventually just don't get much time to work on it.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Get a Hallman and call it a day. I've never had any issues with my Hallman. My buddies have all used the DIY Home Depot and the TurboXS and they've all gotten rid of them and either went PWM or Hallman.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in