Want to boost Z6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Want to boost Z6

I have a D16Z6 and had couple of ?? for you guys

1. Is cast mani and 2.5 passeger DP all I need to retain A/C

2. I read that oil line blows the turbo seals due to restriction problems .. what fixes this before I do install

3. I obviously have the P28 .. will factory injectors hold up to 7psi without lean or fuel cut with a tune ..... and what are my factory inj size

4. Will my car boost spike when Vtec kicks in ... new to the Vtec scene .. been a dsm guy

5. Recommended plugs and gap ... Im thinking a colder plug but Im sure someone on here know exactly best config

6. All my boosted cars were modded factory boosted cars .... this being NA-T .. where is a good timing set ... is there a "rule of thumb" for the D's

Thx ... and I know these have prob been asked before by randies but I have spent last to hours trolling and most are halfway answers and the poster was obviously not import savy enough to respond with ??'s about the halfa$$'d answers ...

Any pics of D16 boosted with A/C?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BOOST = My replacement for displacement
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 Civic D16Z6 5spd (black) HIS
92 Civic D15B7 5spd (white) HERS

Last edited by creep403; 03-06-2011 at 02:50 PM.
creep403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

IMHO, you need to read more. Alot more. If you can't answer your questions, you're not ready.
Spend a few hours reading this forum, and all your questions will be answered.
And don't forget the Stickied FAQ's at the top of the forums.

1) Yes/No. Depends on your turbo/mani/etc.
2) Run a oil restrictor.
3) Factory injectors are probably good to about 200hp. Upgrade to be safe.
4) No. Possibly the opposite. Think about it.
5) Depends on the exact set-up/tuning/talk to your tuner.
6) Not sure what you mean by "Timing Set".
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
IMHO, you need to read more. Alot more. If you can't answer your questions, you're not ready.
Spend a few hours reading this forum, and all your questions will be answered.
And don't forget the Stickied FAQ's at the top of the forums.

1) Yes/No. Depends on your turbo/mani/etc.
2) Run a oil restrictor.
4) No. Possibly the opposite. Think about it.
5) Depends on the exact set-up/tuning/talk to your tuner.
6) Not sure what you mean by "Timing Set".
read through forums and I am very engine savy bud ... just not vtec savy and lots of answers were blotchy at best espeacially when it came to ac set up ... vtec not boost spiking was 50/50 intakes open up more meaning might drop boost yet more intake = more exaust in a manner of speaking so might of sounded like dumb ?? but if I look dumb and save my rods then worth the risk .... thx anyways for input some helpful info but still blotchy ... these ?? were based on factory spec engine soooo fact intake and I stated cast mani so shouldnt depend on your #1 answer .. answer #2 was needing specifics ... is there a universal "oil restrictor" or is there a certain an fitting to be used .... these answers are the reason for me making thread cause someone running factory Z6 w/turbo set up could give specifics and not obvious bland answers (no pun intended) just wanted u to see where I was coming from ... my main concern here was specifics on oil restricion, retaining a/c, and plug style / gap

Ohh and u said factory inj were good to 200hp yet Z6 at 7psi with my cam should get too close to those numbers for comfort hense me asking what factory size was incase I wanted to step them up a notch. like I said no offense I thank your input but its blotchy at best and other threads have same answers... looking for little more specifics

Thx for response though got 1 or 2 ?'s resolved

Last edited by creep403; 03-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
200hp n/a maybe, boosted no. Boosted cars run richer than n/a cars so the power potential is different between the two.

Get some DSM 450s for cheap

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
200hp n/a maybe, boosted no. Boosted cars run richer than n/a cars so the power potential is different between the two.

Get some DSM 450s for cheap
thx for an educated answer
any other inj I can use without res box?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 EG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EG-MIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep403 View Post
thx for an educated answer
any other inj I can use without res box?
the dsm injectors you need to run a resistor box with. any low impedance injectors you'll need a resistor box or resistors wired in line.

any high impedance injectors you wont need a resistor box ( correct me if im wrong )

anyways do alot of research this forum and others are chocker block full of valuable information

EG-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Injectors are going to depend on your budget. For a good set of high impedance injectors you are going to spend $150+, or you could spend $75 on DSMs and a resistor box, do a little wiring, and have injectors that will handle more power than a stock block can.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in