Oen down pipe? or 3inch exhuast? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Oen down pipe? or 3inch exhuast?

okay a lil question!.currently running open 3inch down pipe on my 7psi t3 d15b setup.is it betta to keep it as it is or put an exhuast and extend the pipe all the way to the back?which will give me more power gains?dont have a dyno here so have to ask!.its a completely stock d15b. thanks
ct12-d16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

You will make more power with open DP, but if it's a quality free flowing mandrel 3", the difference will be minimal especially at your power level. Put an exhaust on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

plus when you drive on an open dp you wind up smelling like gas and oil all the time. trust me

Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

yes it does..i can see smoke cuming in the cab through the gear hose...i hav to replace my restrictor too mayb thts the reason its smoking as well..secondly the maximum i am going to push my t3 is 10psi do a OD is not useful?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

it's useful but as ryan stated the gains are minimal and in my opinion, not worth the smell, the noise, and the risk of getting a hefty fine for removing your catalytic convertor
Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

exactly..somwtimes because of the smoke gathering up in the cab..i jus want to leave the car there n walk home..
Old 03-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

soo i will be going going for a 3inch or 3.5 inch pipe n an exhaust!thanks guys!!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 sales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
You will make more power with open DP, but if it's a quality free flowing mandrel 3", the difference will be minimal especially at your power level. Put an exhaust on
You hit the nail on the head sir Only time this will start to make a huge difference is when the power starts to get cranked up.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

open dp sounds great but 3" sounds very nice when boost hits
im running 3" turbo back with a resonator and its very quiet under 50% throttle but once i get on it it sounds mean

you wont smell shit if its behind you and it had a turn down going down towards the floor. i have driven in alot of muscle cars like this. but if its right under you of course it will smell
v8killaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in