Quick Turbo Help Please - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Quick Turbo Help Please

I found a guy selling a Td05-14b Eclipse Turbo i'm pretty sure its a modified mits turbo modified by greddy, looks like its in good shape I found some specs that said "TDO5-14B (stock 1st gen) 275-300 hp @21 psi. I'm just looking for a starter turbo and I plan to run only 7-10 psi well for now Any help or insite would be much appreciated. I plan to rebuild it even though they say it doesnt need it but he is only asking 75 bucks and I plan on only giving 50 cash.

Last edited by 98pearlwhitecivic; 03-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.
98pearlwhitecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

No love for me
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

that turbo will work just fine a 7-10psi, just going to be a pain in the butt to get adapters for everything on it

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I would buy it for $50 but do not expect to see that much power from it even at those psi levels.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

i'm gonna rebuild it as soon as i get it and get the wheel balanced so hopefully it will work pretty good.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Will be my very first turbo so I think as long as it works its a plus from what I have got now
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

take that front bumper off your car for the love of god.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 bradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enough

Should be a good turbo for you if you're getting it rebuilt. You will have to pick up a j-pipe for the compressor outlet, and also figure out how to hook up a manifold to the turbine inlet. I believe bmc race makes the correct adapter for the turbo manifold. Should spool pretty quick and provide some room to grow too. Good luck with the build.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 19 punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punkbomb138 Send a message via Yahoo to punkbomb138

- BMC Racing Products

punkbomb138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

That turbo will do nicely at 10psi.

As for adapters I have a Edelbrock turbo mani and a adapter to run this turbo on my mani. It is for sale as a package if interested. I was using it to run a DSM t25 on my z6.

Make sure you connect both water and oil as it will help prolong the life of the turbo.(controversial)

Also have a -10AN drain kit for said turbo to oil pan.

Here is some info on this turbo http://fbrscooby.tripod.com/info/turbo.htm

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.

Last edited by WORPsol; 03-04-2011 at 09:43 PM.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in