Best AC/PS Compatible Turbo Manifold? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Best AC/PS Compatible Turbo Manifold?

I don't know how many companies nowadays produce a good turbo manifold that's compatible with both AC and PS. I'm not looking for a pre-fabbed kit like Greddy, Revhard, etc. And when I mean best/good I'm talking fitment and quality wise.

Looking for something that fits what I'm looking for.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFanatic.User View Post
Huh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Oh, so you need a manifold that works with your Ford Contour

I'll get right on that

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

custom built. nuff said.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 93DSolS is learning the way of the D93DSolS is learning the way of the D

Quote:
I don't know how many companies nowadays produce a good turbo manifold that's compatible with both AC and PS. I'm not looking for a pre-fabbed kit like Greddy, Revhard, etc. And when I mean best/good I'm talking fitment and quality wise.

Then the other only option is like a custom turbo manifold?
93DSolS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

... omg

GO-AUTOWORKS Honda/Acura Cast Iron Turbo Manifolds B16 B18 D15 D16

/thread
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all

many companys make Many options that will let you keep Ac/power stearing. Ask local fourm vendor Or ask the GOOGLE i am sure that will show you some more. Good luck
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D

I guess I'll them out. Thanks.

My For Sale Thread:

Old 02-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

HF/STD manifold.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
HF/STD manifold.
How do you suppose that would work with A/C? I've never seen an HF turbo setup that retains it

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
x2

A solid manifold that will give you the clearance you want, quick spool, and best of all: cheap.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
x2

A solid manifold that will give you the clearance you want, quick spool, and best of all: cheap.
That is pretty cheap, I wonder how those compare to log manifolds.

My For Sale Thread:

Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

top mount manifolds save ac and ps, but can cause other fitment issues

your best bet is to READ the ebay auction description

there are a few log style manifolds that are offset towards the tranny to clear the a/c, but most small turbos will claer just fine and require perhaps a turbo sock to be on the safe side

turbo ftw

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
top mount manifolds save ac and ps, but can cause other fitment issues

your best bet is to READ the ebay auction description

there are a few log style manifolds that are offset towards the tranny to clear the a/c, but most small turbos will claer just fine and require perhaps a turbo sock to be on the safe side

turbo ftw
I've always owned cars without AC and PS. Since you said that most small turbos will be fine. What's the biggest turbo I can run then? Looking to max out at 300-350whp.

My For Sale Thread:

Last edited by iFanatic.User; 02-26-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 loki_ is learning the way of the Dloki_ is learning the way of the D

Quote:

loki_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
That is pretty cheap, I wonder how those compare to log manifolds.
Its better than a log manifold and is proven to over 400 hp

Also, I beleive you can get it in cast stainless, which looks just as nice as a tubular imo
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

rHMT-style Sink Trap Top Mount?

Same cost (or cheaper) than a cast log.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Its better than a log manifold and is proven to over 400 hp

Also, I beleive you can get it in cast stainless, which looks just as nice as a tubular imo
I wonder with the cast manifold I can run a T3T4 50 Trim and still retain AC with that turbo.

My For Sale Thread:

Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

between a ramhorn and log, its not a huge difference in power ability

spool time is the biggest factor.

seriously, search for ac compatable manifolds in google, you WILL find plenty for less then 300 bucks

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

Last edited by mattliston; 02-26-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: drinky drinky
mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
seriously, search for turbo compatable manifolds in google, you WILL find plenty for less then 300 bucks
Turbo Compatible? Well, what use is a manifold if it's not turbo-comparable?
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in