d16z6 on ef with hydro trans - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16z6 on ef with hydro trans

ok so I'm lookin for motor mounts that are decent and not too expensive... waht kind of brands
boosted ef9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

any specific reason you want to stay with hydro trans. try google tho there are a few "kits" out. if you are really insistent on keeping the hydro trans why not just convert the car to hydro over a "kit" to run in a cable chassis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 01:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

well its a kit that just runs a steel braided line from the master to the slave no hard lines... i dont mind going cable but i wanted n ex/si trany.. and all the mounts ive been seeing are hella expensive
boosted ef9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted ef9 View Post
well its a kit that just runs a steel braided line from the master to the slave no hard lines... i dont mind going cable but i wanted n ex/si trany.. and all the mounts ive been seeing are hella expensive
there is a short geared ex and si cable trans. the ex cable trans has a different final than the si though. that being said. IMO i wouldnt even try to hassle with a "conversion" kit, id sell that hydro trans and search for a 88-91 si trans from a crx or hatch, or if you dont mind a slightly longer final a 90-91 civic 4door ex trans. but to answer your main question i havent seen the kit your talkin about sorry. if i find it ill send a link your way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 02-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

Innovative mounts or Hasport sells the full true conversion mount kit. I actually have one but im not sure if i will well it. You can run either a Hush 22 or Suja1 true hydro clutch conversion which uses a bracket to mount a master cylinder near the pedal. Then it takes a stainless line and runs to the slave cylinder. I recommend Innovative Mounts conversion for price reasons.

99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Isn't one of the kits known for snapping linkages or cables?

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Ef, RC auto works has the line your talking about. I saw some one selling it on here for 55 last week. Check our for sale.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
Ef, RC auto works has the line your talking about. I saw some one selling it on here for 55 last week. Check our for sale.
he cant not enough posts to see them. but now that i think of it yes there was one for around that price.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86 View Post
he cant not enough posts to see them. but now that i think of it yes there was one for around that price.
Oh ya 65 posts to buy or sell here. Start asking questions EF!!

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 loki_ is learning the way of the Dloki_ is learning the way of the D

imo it would be easier and cheaper in the long run to goto cable

loki_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

I went ahead and got the hasport efdhc mount kit. It doesnt come with the acual motor mounts just the conversion stuff. Its expensive, if your on a budget, the conversion kit itself is close to 400 and then additional 400 for the actual motor mounts from hasport. I wish they came all together. What I did was just fill the stock mounts with 3m window weld and use the efdhc conversion. Motor does not move or rock at all.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

I would stick to cable as they will be cheaper and most people don't use them unless in their EF series cars. Hydro trannys are gonna run about 100+ dollars higher and imo not worth it.
vegeta_man111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

The only pro to having a hydro tranny, that i can think of, is the ability to run an extreme clutch and pp without having the issues with stretching the cable. That is if you do a true conversion like i will be doing. I don't want to deal with replacing clutch cables all the time.

99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I like a hydro pedal...wish my CRX had one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I like a hydro pedal...wish my CRX had one!
I will agree the feeling of a hydro pedal is better imo too, but still not worth the hassle unless you already have everything to do it or plan on spending 600.oo on a pointless swap (personally). Is there a significant difference between the cable and hydro si trannys bone?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

tranny wise, no difference.

But i can rape a hydro quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
tranny wise, no difference.

But i can rape a hydro quicker.
well that should settle it. Unless you really feel it necessary to run a hydro, run a cable si and save alot of money for future build parts. It is your build though, so its all up to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in