Wideband problems please help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4DRsedan
Default Wideband problems please help

Ok so i have a lc-1 with the db gauge. i pretty much 100% sure its wired and grounded properly cause i ran it on my car before i put my kit on in the same exact location as my turbo down pipe, and it read perfectly fine. But here comes the problem when i put my turbo kit on and instal the sensor in my down pipe it reads 21.9 dead lean. So i moved it up closer to the turbo and then the reading got better, 16.5 ish to like 18.6 ish. Idk what is going on with it. I am running dsm 450's that i just got back from injector rehab and they all tested 100% fine. Which btw when i put the injectors in and started the car before i put the turbo on it ran really rich at idle 12.0. I'm waiting on a new base map to come in and we'll see how it works when it gets here.

So has anyone had this issue? or have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help is greatly appriciated. thanks in advance.
4DRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Position of sensor can cause odd readings. Have you called their tech support? They are very helpful. They where on the phone with me for over 30min diagnosing a prob I had and I bought it used from someone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

no i havent tried calling yet. i guess i could try that. this thing has less than 2k miles on it. i bought it brand new. i'm kinda hoping its just the base map i have is bad. its just weird that before i put my turbo kit on i had my 450 injectors and my base map installed and it idled at 12.0 then i install the turbo and it leans way out. could the size of the turbo change the afr's at idle? the turbo the base map was for it a sr20 t25 and the turbo i ened up using is a garrett gt2560r.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community

Size of turbo shouldn't have a effect at idle because you are not producing boost. Now if you are tuned for one and you swap do another that has diff power bands and stuff like that and you are getting odd readings at boost then yeah that would be tune. But idle shouldn't be any different.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

thats what i was thinking. i do know that i forgot to tell the place i got the map from that i wasnt gonna be running any o2 sensors. would that cause a problem? i'm just so frustraited with this all i just want to sell everything.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yeah it can I believe. Its goin to try to switch between open and closed loops.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc

If your going to make drastic changes to your setup like adding a turbo expect your afr's to change.
You went from no turbo to a turbo you afr changed why does this surprise you ?
rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc View Post
If your going to make drastic changes to your setup like adding a turbo expect your afr's to change.
You went from no turbo to a turbo you afr changed why does this surprise you ?
this is true but he said at a idle i dont believe their would be that much of a change if any at all if hes not driving and it could be possible that the wideband sensor went bad
94civicexred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

The ecu don't know what to do until its tuned prob.
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

basemaps are useless. put the stock injectors back in and run the stock ecu, it'll be ALOT better than the way it currently is.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Check it. Do a fresh air calibration on your LC-1 and then start your car within a few min you should have a 12-13:1 afr reading from your rich idle. When you unplug a ground or a hot from the LC-1 it loses its "memory" for fresh air. Google LC-1 wideband fresh air calibration for instructions. Its fairly simple but i havent done mine in like 4 months so i cant remember off the top of my head.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

If you dont have the manual anymore I can send you a copy in email. Might be able to post as a attachment on here dont know. Its a pdf file.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORPsol View Post
If you dont have the manual anymore I can send you a copy in email. Might be able to post as a attachment on here dont know. Its a pdf file.
LOL google will have answer like that! Took 5 seconds.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...C-1_Manual.pdf

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah i recalibrated it yeasterday before i posted this.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

ok so i looked at all today and noticed a hole where i had welded the wideband bung on. i must have burnt throught it when welding. so i sealed that up today and i also recalibrated it using the maual WORD FOR WORD and put it all back together. Now it all seems fine. SO thanks everyone for all the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in