My first motor build-----help! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb My first motor build-----help!

ok so here it is..i have a 2000 honda ex coupe...it has the d16y8..i'm wantin to do some boost not much but there's a couple of things i would like to kno and your help is much appreciated...i have a ramhorn manifold and i'm about to get a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo...i'm kinda doin a budget thing here and i would like to kno all the other items i will need to complete this build...i.e pipes, injectors, etc... THANK YOU
idrive_ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Well for one, you don't need any pipes and you certainly won't need injectors.

What you do need to do is SEARCH.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

ok well what you think i will need lol i kno i need intercooler and pipe kit for intercooler....what do you mean i won't need any injectors everyone i've talked to said i'll need bigger cc injectors

Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

i mainly don't wanna take my car off the road and not have all the supplies i need and not be able to finish project....i'm lookin for about 10psi hopefully and a good tune from my local shop
Old 02-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 wiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive_ej8 View Post
ok well what you think i will need lol i kno i need intercooler and pipe kit for intercooler....what do you mean i won't need any injectors everyone i've talked to said i'll need bigger cc injectors
Well then you haven't talked to enough people. You can run ten lbs on stock 240's maxed out on crome with the stock fuel system. It's not recommended but I've done it.
Read the if you're thinking about going turbo thread.

Being on a budget you can compromise on the intercooler but try to get the intercooler.
136.398mm b7 h-beam custom length, -11 vitaras, d15b7 block z6 head .039" mill. R.I.P. Cracked sleeve from detonation at 21 lbs 10/24/13. New build, same set up with b1 block, .035" milled off head, and Delta 272-2.

Last edited by wiledwhitecivic; 02-20-2011 at 03:12 PM.
wiledwhitecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive_ej8 View Post
ok so here it is..i have a 2000 honda ex coupe...it has the d16y8..i'm wantin to do some boost not much but there's a couple of things i would like to kno and your help is much appreciated...i have a ramhorn manifold and i'm about to get a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo...i'm kinda doin a budget thing here and i would like to kno all the other items i will need to complete this build...i.e pipes, injectors, etc... THANK YOU
Its all a matter of what your going for and what setup works the best with your parts, its all about the tune....
Addictedtoboost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

im goin to be nice and help you. u need a turbo intercooler piping intercooler bov wastgate turbo mani oil feed line oil return line tapped oil pan some kind of tuning software bigger injectors to be safe i would use 440cc get a 255 fuel pump vaccum hose to run bov and wastegate oh and some kind of knowledge lol oh yea i would not past 7 psi for your dd if u want it to last and all that also matters on your tune
94civicexred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

looks like you need some more searching. you dont seem to have any goals of what you want this car to be...drag/street, and power goals..
d16turboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16turboguy View Post
looks like you need some more searching. you dont seem to have any goals of what you want this car to be...drag/street, and power goals..
ok here's the deal..its gonna be and is my current dd, i don't really kno what kinda power to expect from it...i've read about 200hp dependin on tune but anything better than 130 is awesome lol...i don't really wanna compromise too much but i also don't wanna spend $2000...ive got a ram horn turbo mani and i'm very close to a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo..i believe its a 50 trim...like i said in an earlier post i don't wanna start the build and realize i don't have everything i need and have to postpone
Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94civicexred View Post
im goin to be nice and help you. u need a turbo intercooler piping intercooler bov wastgate turbo mani oil feed line oil return line tapped oil pan some kind of tuning software bigger injectors to be safe i would use 440cc get a 255 fuel pump vaccum hose to run bov and wastegate oh and some kind of knowledge lol oh yea i would not past 7 psi for your dd if u want it to last and all that also matters on your tune
i greatly appreciate that i've been doin some searching but its like everything i read the kid has totally awesome parents that just give him a credit card and tell him to be safe!! i'm lookin for realistic gains and reliabilty....i kno cheap fast and realiable don't exsist but i feel cheap fast and smart do so ya
Old 02-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to kevs92hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedsol View Post

would this forum even exist if noobs didnt ask questions? isnt that the point of a forum? just saying if people didnt ask questions this forum would be garbo!!
kevs92hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs92hatch View Post
would this forum even exist if noobs didnt ask questions? isnt that the point of a forum? just saying if people didnt ask questions this forum would be garbo!!
LoL!

Hey man, we can't help those who don't help themselfs. There are stickies at the top of this section that will answer most of his questions. He didn't list power goals or intentions of the car. Is it going to be a drag car? Twistie ripper? Just wanting to gain maybe 80hp?

If it's going to be spoon-feed-the-n00b.org here we go:
Manifold
Turbo
Feed/Drain setup
Charge pipes
Blow-off valve
Waistegate
Injectors 440cc for lower boost aps
intercooler
Engine management and tune

There's known oiling issues with the D16Y motors.

IMHO he's better off getting a pre-fab kit from one of our sight sponcers/vendors, a greddy kit, or go the JRSC route. All he would need is to have the drain flange welded to his oil pan and get his car tuned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

If your going to boost do it right and you won't have to do it again. You shouldn't ever run injectors to their max. IMO they should only be ran to 85% max duty, I prefer to know that I have more room with my injectors. What if you boost spike say pass your target PSI/power range then what? Well you can't take that into consideration if your already running 100% max duty on your injectors.

I agree with the pre-fab kits, everything is there all you have to do is plug and play. Only thing you have to worry about now is fuel management.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

VVVVV my recommendation VVVVVVV

Nitrous Express Proton Nitrous Kits - JEGS
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedsol View Post
LoL!

Hey man, we can't help those who don't help themselfs. There are stickies at the top of this section that will answer most of his questions. He didn't list power goals or intentions of the car. Is it going to be a drag car? Twistie ripper? Just wanting to gain maybe 80hp?

If it's going to be spoon-feed-the-n00b.org here we go:
Manifold
Turbo
Feed/Drain setup
Charge pipes
Blow-off valve
Waistegate
Injectors 440cc for lower boost aps
intercooler
Engine management and tune

There's known oiling issues with the D16Y motors.

IMHO he's better off getting a pre-fab kit from one of our sight sponcers/vendors, a greddy kit, or go the JRSC route. All he would need is to have the drain flange welded to his oil pan and get his car tuned.
well i wanna go for like 200-220hp...i think that's pretty realistic...its gonna be a daily driver and i want it to be pretty reliable...i probably won't be tachin out all the time i would just like to kno that i have it for when i want it....plus i've had this civic and another one that i totalled and i just like to mess around and i love hondas...i just haven't had any experience wit turbos....i've got the manifold and i'm about to recieve an .50 trim turbonetics t3/t4 turbo...i thought of a pre fabbed intercooler kit form ebay but i don't kno if goin cheap wit that would be smart...i kno i want either greddy or hks blow off and wastegate but not tryin to break my bank either
Old 02-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

^^^^Wow^^^^^

He likes to mess around and wrecked his car.

My advice: let him live in learn.

dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 loki_ is learning the way of the Dloki_ is learning the way of the D

cheap | fast | reliable

*pick two. if you have a rotary, pick one.

loki_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

^^
You can have all 3 if your smart about things hahaha and very patient. But of course that would normally isnt the case for people.

OP. If your power goal is along those line of 200-220 like you said and still not wanting to spend past 2k then. Opt for a home made turbo set up.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_ View Post
if you have a rotary, pick one.
Ha!

OP-Read the stickies in Forced Induction. You will learn alot and will then be able to assemble your build list.
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in