Nitrous or turbo? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Nitrous or turbo?

Im kinda back and forth over this issue, I have jdm d15b and Im wanting to up the power a tid bit, say 200 or 220whp.....anyways, I have a zex kit that I could run right now with say a 50 or 75 shot and be decently quick and reliable, I know nitrous pretty well. And then a friend of mine, has a turbo kit that he's offered to sell me with a t28 turbo and has been tuned to 200whp on his car, same motor. He's including everything with it for $1000. I would appreciate some thoughts and opinions on this. Also I can usually only get online when Im at class at night, so forgive me if I dont respond quickly. Thanks.
lilwhitehatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

turbo put your foot down and it goes nitrous you need to have some in the bottle worry about temps( i live in wa state so big issue) open bottle if its a drag car turbo have the power without hassle if not its up to you
180+ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 sk8rx6 is learning the way of the Dsk8rx6 is learning the way of the D

Turbo in my opinion.
sk8rx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

understand......but Ive also known turbo motors on anything to be a little finicky, a lot of times its just something small that makes it not run right or a little rough which would make me afraid to get into it.....Ive just always had good luck with nitrous, its just reliable when used properly and I live in oklahoma so bottle pressure usually isnt an issue, I always use a heater.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

yes you trade the preparation for nitrous with maintenance of driving a turbo car

i think nitrous would keep me out of trouble but i like turbo
180+ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Gotcha, so do you think it is worth the cost?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Search.

This is one of those topics that has been covered on every car forum, like 1849308409328209834092384092834983248239482098423 million times.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

You car would run 200 safely and as long as its not ebay junk I would do turbo.
Nutta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 DCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropesDCRX is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Turbo Might be cheaper on the long run

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 CRX D16Z6
Daily Driven Vitara making [email protected]
Tuned by Kaizenspeed
DCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Turbo. Nuff said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Be a man, run both. And videotape it of course. Lol

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
To soon junior.
Nutta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
X2 FTW! Nos for great spool up

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

nitrous..... made turbo cars with equivalent power look stupid... but that just me
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

appreciate the reply guys, and I know its been covered before, but I didnt want to bring old threads back to life. Anyways, Ive got some thinkin to do, and again thanks for all the input.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

you already have nitrous and claim to have experience with it yet you don't understand that what you have is more than capable to satisfy your needs from what i gather from your goals. i say you save your money for bottle refills and slicks and actually learn from what you got.

oh shit reading owns me though its a d15b hmmm im not sure how decent the rods are on those compared to the non vtec d15b's if there as good as the d16 rods carry on with what i said. i just feel its pointless to go turbo when u already have a nitrous kits and u can use the 1k on what you already have think bro.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2

Last edited by greasemonkey89; 02-16-2011 at 11:52 PM.
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
you already have nitrous and claim to have experience with it yet you don't understand that what you have is more than capable to satisfy your needs from what i gather from your goals. i say you save your money for bottle refills and slicks and actually learn from what you got.

oh shit reading owns me though its a d15b hmmm im not sure how decent the rods are on those compared to the non vtec d15b's if there as good as the d16 rods carry on with what i said. i just feel its pointless to go turbo when u already have a nitrous kits and u can use the 1k on what you already have think bro.
Arent D15b motors supposed to have some of the strongest rods amongst the Ds'? Thats what I have come up with at least.
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 04:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Turbo FTW.

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

D15B are suppose to have the same rod as a d16z6 but with a way better rod ratio, this mean the rod have less angle and less stroke to support. So the rod should support more power in a d15b than a d16z6!

B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

With 1000 buck I'd look into a nitrous pump and a good scale, that way you''ll buy your nitrous by big cylinder and pay way less by refill....and you can refill other people bottle too $$$
...the total will cost a little more than a 1000...but will pay for itself with a couple of good customer

B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in