Custom made JRSC pulleys - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 boosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Custom made JRSC pulleys

yes yes i've searched, and than i searched again and i still can't seem to find it. I'm not even sure it was in a JRSC thread but someone had mentioned a guy who still makes one off JRSC pulleys for i think 150-160 a piece. A friend of mine was supposed to turn one for me but he's flaked out on me so i'd rather just pay this guy to make me one. I knew i should have wrote down the info when i read it but i didn't so the search is on, if anyone has any info i'd greatly appreciate it.
boosted_zc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

any smaller than 3.4" with a z6 crank pulley is border lining the safe operating RPM's for the M45. you can buy the 3.4" pulley directly from moss motors for around $135

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...leys-95-a.html

Blower speed calculator

Pulley RPM Calculator

You don't want to go over 14,000 without modifications to your blower.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

give Steinar a PM.

he made one from scratch for his JRSC in his wagon.

moar bewst. hehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 boosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enough

thanks guys, much appreciated info, i'm only at 7lbs now, i'm not going any higher than 10 but even at that i'll have a water/ meth setup.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
any smaller than 3.4" with a z6 crank pulley is border lining the safe operating RPM's for the M45. you can buy the 3.4" pulley directly from moss motors for around $135
You wouldn't happen to know the part number for that would you, that's the pulley i need. I have a parts list but none of the upgraded options are on it and there not listed on the Moss Motors websites, i buy all my belts and gaskets from them
Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

They don't list part numbers for individual pulleys as far as I know. The CRX kit cam with this:

051-331 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.4-4R 1

The Z6 kit came with this:

051-414 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.8-4R 1

In other words, the blower/pulley combination was sold together as a single part #.

Not to say single pulleys are not available, but they're not available by searching for a part number
Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!

051-400 enter that in the part # box Here and a 1 under qty. thats assuming you have the d16z6 kit.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
They don't list part numbers for individual pulleys as far as I know. The CRX kit cam with this:

051-331 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.4-4R 1

The Z6 kit came with this:

051-414 S/C GEN3 M45CCW 3.8-4R 1

In other words, the blower/pulley combination was sold together as a single part #.

Not to say single pulleys are not available, but they're not available by searching for a part number
Quote:
051-400 enter that in the part # box Here and a 1 under qty. thats assuming you have the d16z6 kit.

shows what I know lol

Having a custom one made is still cheaper tho!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
just out of intrest what is the diameter of the z6 crank pulley? i know the a6 is 5.75" the one im using with a 3.1" snout pulley. at 7800 rpm. is around 14400 odd rpm on the rotors.

swich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Quote:
Originally Posted by swich View Post
just out of intrest what is the diameter of the z6 crank pulley? i know the a6 is 5.75" the one im using with a 3.1" snout pulley. at 7800 rpm. is around 14400 odd rpm on the rotors.
If you have not ever seen this than you should of... Index of /media/CALCS

On my A6 I ran a Z6 pulley for a while and gained 1psi its not that much bigger than a A6 the gains I saw was when I went to a Y8 pulley.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Excellent, thank you sir, rep for you
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

z6=6.16"
y8=6.19"

Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
If you have not ever seen this than you should of... Index of /media/CALCS

On my A6 I ran a Z6 pulley for a while and gained 1psi its not that much bigger than a A6 the gains I saw was when I went to a Y8 pulley.
forgot about that site. bookmarked. yeah thanks. very helpful.

seeing as i was working a a 6" pulley diameter and was getting 14400 odd at 7500 im more then safe. any way.

moving on. this thread is answered above.

swich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 17 Jaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
z6=6.16"
y8=6.19"
Uhh, there's a bigger difference than that.
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Yeah that's probably the difference in the a6 and z6

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 17 Jaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the community

I measured all 3 of them carefully a while back, and there was a significant enough difference in size for me to consider all 3 for boost altering purposes. A difference of 30 thou is NOT significant in my opinion.

That FTL Racing spreadsheet has them at A6 - 6", Z6 - 6.25", Y8 - 6.5", and that seems more like the differences I was getting when I measured.

Last edited by Jaker; 02-18-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Arcane is learning the way of the DArcane is learning the way of the D

I measured my Y series pulley and it's around 6.4". IIRC, Jackson shipped those kits with a 6.2" pulley to keep the boost at the same level as the earlier kits. Jackson Racing made a larger 6.75" crank pulley for more boost.

I run the 6.75 crank pulley and a 3.8" blower pulley and I get roughly 10 psi boost.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Formerly weebeastie

Rep Power: 13 Soul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to allSoul Engineering is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Pulley Boys - Supercharger Pulleys & Car Parts

You could also try these guys. They machined a custom JRSC pulley for a friend. Good work and I think they charged him about 175?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

I don't understand...

You ask who makes pulleys, you say you're ready to pay $150-$160..

I spoon feed you and direct you to a $95 custom pulley...

You rep the guy who linked you to a $140 pulley from Moss Motors...

Have fun overpaying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in