Not sure if it is a blown head gasket! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Not sure if it is a blown head gasket!

I have oem head gasket right now on the civic with 330 whp and 260tq with e85 with 15psi.I was racing one if my friend from start and rolling. While when i was racing him my check engine light pop on and the air heat is not hot no more it is cool and warm so I pull over and take a look at it and my coolant little bottle is pop off and coolant everywhere. So i wait for a few minutes and turn it back on and drove it on the high way normally without beating on it and the check engine is not on but when I beat on it the check engine light is on. Also its funny. every time i drive my turbo civic my coolant little bottle always fill up to the top so I drain some out to normal level and drive it again and it fill right back up. So I don't know what is going on. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks allot!
jdm civic ej1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

sounds like pressure in the cooling system, My guess would be the head gasket. Sounds like Head lift under boost.
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 gsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enough

man that sucks.this must be headgasket blowing month.
gsxkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

are you sure it is head gasket. car run fine in normal driving but coolant keep filling up on the little coolant bottle.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16racereg6 View Post
sounds like pressure in the cooling system, My guess would be the head gasket. Sounds like Head lift under boost.
I had this problem before when I dyno my civic and the dyno person told me that my head is lifing and I need a new head gasket. this is the second time it does that with a oem head gasket. Are you sure because it drive normal in normal driving to work without beating on it but the coolant on the little bottle keep going up.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 gsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enough

it sounds like head lift to me also.you should also check the block and head for strightness.
gsxkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Definitely a headgasket problem, but the problem is most likely due to un-flat deck and head surfaces and to much ignition timing for the fuel you are running. When you beat on it and run it with a blown headgasket you can torch a low spot from cylinder to cylinder past the headgasket and no matter how many headgaskets you throw on it or how tight you torque it, it will never seal. Block and head will need to be machined if thats the case.
BoostedCouped16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 roberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebodyroberts is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm civic ej1 View Post
are you sure it is head gasket. car run fine in normal driving but coolant keep filling up on the little coolant bottle.
Check if the radiator cap is good. Start with simple

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

what kinda bolts do you have holding you head on the block? it sounds like a hg problem/head lift... did you rebuild it? if so did you get you block and head trued up?
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Its definitely your head gasket...I just went through it a couple days ago...pushing coolent on 25psi just had my head resurfaced because it was warped I'm putting it back together tonight...

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in