Found a good deal on a built a6 short block; help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default Found a good deal on a built a6 short block; help

ok so i found a good deal on a built a6 short block but before i get to interested in it i need to know a few things. its going to be used for my boosted setup. y8 head,supertech springs and retainers, delta 272 and a few other things in my 98 hatch. is there anything that i have to do different to put in a a6 into an obd-2 car. note it will be running on a obd1p28.
here is a little info on it---D16a6 short block with Vitara Pistons, FJ rods, and Z6 crank. Pisons are 75.5. Motor was ran for about 1200 miles.

also what is the advantages of running a z6 crank in a a6 block.
is the a6 a good block for boosting?
b18integraboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Canihazmoniez

zero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The a6 block is considered by many to be the strongest block and no difference in z6 crank from a6 however I have never heard of an obd0 block going in a obd2 car haha same as any conversion though.

Good luck
#1 Sedan Hater
zero183 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Im pretty sure all of the sensors are the same, except for the water temp sensor that is normally on the thermostat, is one the back of the block. You can either extend you wires, or put your thermostat housing on the A6 (I would choose the latter). Other than that, it wont be any different, as far as I know.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i put a a6 block into my car(even tho it was an obd1 car) everything plugged in had to extend my water temp sensor since its on the back of the block driver side..... besure to pull the oil restrictor out of the block if it has not already been pulled....a6/z6 crank i perty sure is the same just one is in an obd0 motor and the other is in an obd1....

VVVV correct me if im wrongVVVV
also if putting an y8 on goes the same way for putting a z6 head on an a6 block youll have to use a y8 hg, and timing belt.. i do not remember nor recall which head bolts/studs to use...
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in