Question about Zex purple box - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Question about Zex purple box

I was thinking of getting a zex wet EFI kit. This wouldn't be for my Civic, but for $100-300 shitcan beaters to mess around on. I'm just wondering, are the solenoids in the purple box capable of flowing bigger than a 125 shot just by changing to bigger jets?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

ive never tried but i bet it would work.

i also have a box i picked up (complete kit) for $150... was going to use it with the ebay turbo on the old old setup to try and hit a 10 but now i got more than enough turbo to make 700whp so... lol...

its waiting for a beater to be installed on. haha

how big of a shot are u going to try and spray?? haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I dont know, but I wouldnt run that big of a shot on a single nozzle setup.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
I dont know, but I wouldnt run that big of a shot on a single nozzle setup.
This isn't for a Civic. I just want the range of choice in shots in case we end up picking up some boat with a V8. They can gulp down considerably more nitrous than a 4cyl.

The kit will do 55-125 with the jets you get from Zex. When I get it I'll be picking up some bigger jets as well, and see what it can do. Big enough for up to a 200 shot ish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sentry; 02-10-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

ask ZEXtech, dunno if Joey Copeland is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Now that I have a kit, the official answer is it will flow up to a 175 shot without any trouble.

The kit I picked up is for a Mustang GT and came with jets for a 75-175 shot.

I have jets ordered for smaller shots to start out with on smaller engines. First car that's getting it is my beater Golf GTI. Be nice if it took a 75 shot without the clutch slipping.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Now that I have a kit, the official answer is it will flow up to a 175 shot without any trouble.

The kit I picked up is for a Mustang GT and came with jets for a 75-175 shot.

I have jets ordered for smaller shots to start out with on smaller engines. First car that's getting it is my beater Golf GTI. Be nice if it took a 75 shot without the clutch slipping.
HAH!!! GL with that if it is a mkiv I betcha the heated seats and mirrors burnout and everything elecric goes on the blink afterwards. I hate mkiv GTIs, had a salvage car for cheap, easy fix, turned into a nightmare, 2 years later still in driveway, too pissed to work on it right now, needs rebuilt engine or swap.
crxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mine is a MKIII, and I love it.

It's been nothing but good to me, I've put 12k miles on it in 6 months and got the thing for 800 bucks. Plus it's got a Jetta front so it looks pretty cool. Fun to beat on. Will be even funner on nitrous. If I blow it up, picknpull will give me $270 for it and I can sell the wheels/tires for $200ish.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

last time i saw someone go over 150 shot on a zex purple box it didnt like it one bit.

the box would start freezing the solenoids and sometimes it wouldnt activate or it would give a smaller shot... it was just a big pain in the ass really.

now on the same box and the same car it was doing a 150 shot for a good while and there was no problem with that at all. i wouldnt really go over 150 shot personally unless you have a different type of nitrous kit.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

^^ I dont see how it would give a smaller shot unless the bottle was low on pressure, the Jets control how much Nitrous/fuel go in not the Box, the box just makes it simpler to hook up by using a TPS signal and checking there is sufficient pressure in the fuel and nitrous lines
bwek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

the bottles were full, warmed and purged to optimal pressure for the shots (yes did many different pressures) and it still would freeze the solenoids. Zex is more of the safe nitrous kit than the big power kit.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Clearly, I was just wondering what kinda duty the small solenoids inside the NMU were up to. Enough to have fun with spraying shitboxes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in