Best clutch for D15z6 turbo (6-7 psi) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Best clutch for D15z6 turbo (6-7 psi)

What is the best Clutch for my D15z6 turbo?
I think the max power is 180-190 pk.
It's a daily drive and always drive on the streets.
I like the ACT strage 2 kit or is a 6 Puck kit better for turbo?

The pressurebearing and topbearing (sorry i'm from The Netherlands) Is it a must to take this OEM? Or the bearings are good from ACT? I heard bad story's about ACT bearings is this true?

The CC clutch kits are these good? What kind of stage I need if I want these.

Sander.
xXSanderXx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle

I have an ACT stage 2 street clutch i love it and act.
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Whit turbo?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If you havent read scott's f1 stage 3 review I suggest you to look into it if you're on low budget.
Some people do turn their car into artwork. Others turn their car into macaroni glued onto construction paper.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anyone any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Charlie Moua  is accepted as part of the communityCharlie Moua  is accepted as part of the communityCharlie Moua  is accepted as part of the communityCharlie Moua  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I've use Exedy stg1 and it held just fine for under 200whp.
Charlie Moua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Moua View Post

This if you're on a budget.

Held for 4 years with 210whp...just started slipping when boost hits
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar
90zcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Action Clutch. Enough said.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc

I made a similar post when I joined. A lot of good info in that post.
Check it out.
rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Moua View Post
d16turboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have done research.
I like the competition clutch.

What is better for my setup Stage 2 of 4? How stiff is the pedal?

Sander.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-tecivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSanderXx View Post
I have done research.
I like the competition clutch.

What is better for my setup Stage 2 of 4? How stiff is the pedal?

Sander.
you'll be fine with either one. i'd personally go with something that can handle a little more power than what your wanting. i daily drive my turbo civic with a competition clutch stage 5 with 4 puck sprung disk. im used to the pedal pressure now and it holds great with 300hp.
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

plus you wanna buy a clutch for the tq rating not hp....
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

the competition clutches arent really that stiff in my honest opinion. also check out LSD clutches.

and like 2drz6 said, look for torque numbers not hp numbers. you can have a 500hp car, but if you only put out a max of 200 ft lbs of torque then you dont really need a crazy clutch to handle it.

i also suggest a sprung clutch if going with a 6 or 4 puck clutch. the unsprung clutches have a much harsher engaugement, where the sprung clutches are easier to drive and the whole purpose of the springs is to allow the clutch to slip itself so that its not as jerkey and wont shutter as much when engauged.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

im runing a f1 stage 3 6 puck with a traction bar the release is a little shaky because the presure plate is weak still holds good
Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

I have had a centerforce stage 2 clutch on 10 pounds for three years . I loved it at the track but the third year it started to slip and now i need a new one. it cant take the drops any more. My setup is d16y8 td05 450s 12 pound flywheel with bfg drag radials .

ej588 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

You can go with an act street disc with an act xtreme pressure plate.
It wont have any of the harshness of a pucked clutch while holding just fine.
Off the line with a hard launch you want a soft bite characteristic to prevent you from snapping axles.
The pucked clutch will work fine too. But its much more of an on/off engagement with a bit of chatter in 1st gear, basically none of the slipping like a street disk.
Anyways, try the act combo. Its the best of both worlds without actually buying a twin disc clutch.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Hmm

I will drive a D15z6 whit mini-e. (d16z6 bolt ons)
I think a t28 turbo (6-7 psi)

- ACT stage 2 kit
- Competition stage 2 kit
- ACT stage 3 kit
- Competition stage 4 kit

I didn't linke the F1. Sorry.
How are the trust and top bearings from ACT of CC?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

only problem with act design is the EXTREME pressure plate thats how some people break the TOB (if you look closely at the extreme's pp that have been ran for a long time develope a ring where contact was made with TOB). i would suggest a single diaphragm rivet type pressure plate 1800-2200lbs for your setup . a stage 2/3/4 clutch sprung type for comfort and easy driving. in the case of ACT vs competition id go with competition its a little bit cheaper and uses rivet type PP. and the clutch disc should be about the same. i Think competition uses the same PP with all the stages of clutches but not 100% sure. but yeah its all up to you both companys are good. a stage 4 will hold more abuse than a stage 2 and should have a longer life than a stage 2 aswell as long as your not making crazy horsepower/torque

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.

Last edited by owneyboy; 04-25-2011 at 05:24 PM.
owneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

I'm at 8psi on a stock clutch with no issues.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in