.82 a/r VS .63 a/r housing - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Default .82 a/r VS .63 a/r housing

I was doing some reading and Im not 100% sure on using the .82 a/r housing, Im starting to like the .63 a/r housing.

I found a v-band precision 6262 .63 a/r housing, which is like the one I would need to match my new down pipe.

Well its just the housing for 100.00 shipped, seems to be in good shape, do you think it would fit on the T67 since its a Garrett?

Is the .63 housing the same regardless of the brand?

It should fit shouldnt it? Hes selling because he just picked up a .82 a/r housing for it.

If I got the .63 housing do you think that would help with the laggy spool time worries, or would the T67 STILL be too big?

Last edited by Topher; 02-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Just PM'd you back, but sorry I couldn't help you out on whether that housing would work or not. I do recommend though the switch to the .63 compressor housing.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I think with the .70/.63 setup it would be alot better, and IF I want later down the road see what the .82 will do I could always through it on there.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 motoxman will become famous soon enoughmotoxman will become famous soon enoughmotoxman will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

.63 FTW... Your spool up with a .82 would be too laggy unless you used Nitrous to spool it up on launch... Then traction would be a MAJOR issue...
motoxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

you will see a minimal spool difference.

maybe 300rpm.

and you will loose a lot of top end going to a .63 from a .82.

whats the purpose of the car? with a turbo that big im going to assume drag racing.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Dan and john borh say i will lose some top end which is fine with me....but how much? The car will mainly be for drag with maybe some weekend fun on the streets or trips to work. 300 rpms doesnt seem like much but i read up about the surge the 82 can cause.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

maybe 300rpm.

whats the purpose of the car? with a turbo that big im going to assume drag racing.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!
And finally some good advice and from someone that has actually used the .82. I totally agree with Danz on this one. I never had any surge issues with mine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Sorry to thread jack but do you know where you can buy turbine housings?

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

I found this one through a dealer.

Well looking on turbod16, On some of Evans Tuning Dyno graphs both the .63 and .82 put out around 450whp, but on the graph of the .82 it came in much later and stronger, but then started to surge?????

Thats what worried me. Im looking to get 450-550 out of this setup on around 20-25psi.
Spool is not the biggest concern, just the trans.

I know James (Speedfactory) took his y8 trans to 9k without out problems, and its not like I plan to go 9k all the time everyday. I just dont want to fall out of boost.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

i always thought that comp surge could be fixed or stopped with the tune. a buddies car used to surge really bad with a 57trim and when he started tuning it himself he got the surge to go away.
not sure if this is any help for ya.
il be running with a .82 with no worried.
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Well with more research I found that I pretty much has a 6762.

The .82 doesnt worry me so much now, but Im still gonna pick up the .63 to just compare things. The t67 has the stage 5 wheel (62mm) and the 6262 is just that, a 62mm wheel.
John, Dan, about when did yall see 10psi, 15psi, 20psi with rpms?
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

20psi about 6000rpm. depends what i was doing before i wanted it to make boost....

it spooled up faster than my holset.

also your turbo doesnt have a billet compressor like the precisions do. not all turbos are created equal. just because both are 67mm doesnt mean much.

i never had any surge issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

i knew about the billet compressors and what not, I was just wanting to make sure they were the same mm. Well James had 30psi at 7k, so if I can have 20psi by 7k Ill be happy, Ill be really happy with 20psi at 6.5k
Old 02-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I was getting 15 psi around 5000 rpm's

Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

I was getting 40psi at 4800 with da triple vtahhhhkkkkkkkk Jk I wouldnt mind having a 6762...When I buy my 6262 if I dont like it we can trade and see how it compares with single cam vs dual cam.

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Jesus you guys and your big turbo addiction, I get 8psi at 2.8-3k LOL

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Smaller housing is only gonna make it surge worse if it already is.

If it's surging, you need to make the engine flow more.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMek View Post
I was getting 40psi at 4800 with da triple vtahhhhkkkkkkkk Jk I wouldnt mind having a 6762...When I buy my 6262 if I dont like it we can trade and see how it compares with single cam vs dual cam.
Will be about the same with that B16 with less torque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Smaller housing is only gonna make it surge worse if it already is.

If it's surging, you need to make the engine flow more.
Thats what the stage 5 head was for

Old 02-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 evosol is learning the way of the Devosol is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

maybe 300rpm.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Race car= .82
Street car = .63

No more alky :alky:
evosol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Honestly for a turbo that big your not looking at it for the broad power band its all about power plain and simple fuck the pussy shit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in