ebay kit question.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ebay kit question..

can these ebay turbo kits running low boost..under 8psi.. run ok on stock injectors and tune? d16z6 motor, already have a f1 clutch and flywheel and full 2.5' exhaust.. i know it will run better once tuned but if i get a kit and bolt it up and running can i run it for a few weeks until i get it tuned or..?
91z6ef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 twitch927 will become famous soon enoughtwitch927 will become famous soon enoughtwitch927 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91z6ef View Post
can these ebay turbo kits running low boost..under 8psi.. run ok on stock injectors and tune? d16z6 motor, already have a f1 clutch and flywheel and full 2.5' exhaust.. i know it will run better once tuned but if i get a kit and bolt it up and running can i run it for a few weeks until i get it tuned or..?
negative ghostrider.

it will RUN fine....as long as it idles and you dont drive it anywhere.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 jose-D15 is learning the way of the Djose-D15 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I know that they can run on stock internal to be safe push it to 200hp cause alot of members on here say you cant run it more then 250hp cause you can blow a rod out
this is all I can say its all I know plus ebay turbo some people had bad luck with them cause the turbo can get F up quick if you dont have it tune. I might be wrong
jose-D15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1

Rep Power: 9 Burton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
downpipe wont be direct bolt up anyways, you NEED injectors and tune
Burton6431 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 twitch927 will become famous soon enoughtwitch927 will become famous soon enoughtwitch927 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose-D15 View Post
I know that they can run on stock internal to be safe push it to 200hp cause alot of members on here say you cant run it more then 250hp cause you can blow a rod out
this is all I can say its all I know plus ebay turbo some people had bad luck with them cause the turbo can get F up quick if you dont have it tune. I might be wrong
the turbo gettin F'd up is the least of his worrys running untuned.I'm thinkin melted pistons, or nice sized holes in the block.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1

Rep Power: 9 Burton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enough

hes gona spend $1000 to break something worth $3000
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

ok..no tune = bad. thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 jose-D15 is learning the way of the Djose-D15 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

all I wrote its what I know and yes your right all that stuff can happen
jose-D15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

i just wanted to make sure..ill make sure i get everything before i do it then.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1

Quote:
i just wanted to make sure..ill make sure i get everything before i do it then.
youll probably want some stuff to get tuned, chipped ecu with basemap to run bigger injectors to get you to the tuner, a wideband afr guage probably less than $200 the popular ones are AEM or Innovate, a boost guage.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

i would definitly set it up on stock injectors/tune if you want this to happen:

thats my friends A6 block that they bolted a KKK turbo up to lol. lasted about 4 minutes of hard driving
Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 slums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEromy View Post

thats my friends A6 block that they bolted a KKK turbo up to lol. lasted about 4 minutes of hard driving
That's fine! Just buff it out..

Seriously though, OP, read like, any of the articles in the forced induction stickies. Lots of good info if you're thinking about boosting.

E-bay kits aren't a good idea in the first place in terms of quality and durability, but if you absolutely need boost now, you definitely need a tune and upgraded fuel delivery.
slums is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

No we just run it open like that, it REALLY helps vent the crankcase and you can tell whlen you get excessive blowby. we did however have to buff out the piston and weld the rod
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

DSM 440's? can be had for 50 bucks and a tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hidenplanvew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

lol samething happen to my friend running a ebay kit.
spoondcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
McLOVIN

yea the guy was going b20 and we had a friend whowas upgrading from his KKK (audi?) turbo and we were like OMG lets hook this thing up and boost the shit out of it on wastegate (14lbs). so we did and minutes after its hooked up, hes calling us to tow him home lol

You WILL need injectors and a tune OP
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
yea the guy was going b20 and we had a friend whowas upgrading from his KKK (audi?) turbo and we were like OMG lets hook this thing up and boost the shit out of it on wastegate (14lbs). so we did and minutes after its hooked up, hes calling us to tow him home lol

Knowing this, that damage wasn't caused directly from no tune and stock injectors, it was caused from the amount of boost mixed with the varients in discussion.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

yeah his lasted for like 2 days at 10psi untuned.beating on it every second it was fun time.
spoondcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 J-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to J-tech86R Send a message via Yahoo to J-tech86R

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidenplanvew View Post
DSM 440's? can be had for 50 bucks and a tune
i dont know about 50 bucks, but yeah they are cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

contact me for discount
J-tech86R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Yeah you can get them anywhere from 50 to 75. I have sold them for that and bought them for that. I have seen a few sets over the past day or so for that price. I seen a website last night the was like a online pawn shop for car parts but I cant find it again. They had a set of blue top DSM 450s. Also if you run DSM injectors you will also need a resistor box. Wasnt sure if you knew that or not.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in