Reliable source for garrett rebuild kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Crossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Default Reliable source for garrett rebuild kit

I decided to keep most of my turbo kit for my next project in the summer & I been looking around the web and just really haven’t found one. I know eBay has them but I am sure most of them aren’t actually Garrett parts. Garrett website doesnt actually sell them directly it seems

Also has anybody seen this below? I never heard of this before but it seems like a neat idea. I’ve heard of airchargers before but I don’t know if this is the same.

Turbochargers Comp Turbo - Turbocharger, Rebuilds, Turbo Kits

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crossinteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Check with Garrett distributors; though IIRC they're more likely to do the repair then sell you a kit.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

gpop shop should be able to get you taken care of

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 gsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossinteg View Post
I decided to keep most of my turbo kit for my next project in the summer & I been looking around the web and just really havenít found one. I know eBay has them but I am sure most of them arenít actually Garrett parts. Garrett website doesnt actually sell them directly it seems

Also has anybody seen this below? I never heard of this before but it seems like a neat idea. Iíve heard of airchargers before but I donít know if this is the same.

Turbochargers Comp Turbo - Turbocharger, Rebuilds, Turbo Kits
i have a comp 6765 oilless turbo.i cant wait to get it on a dyno
gsxkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Crossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxkid View Post
i have a comp 6765 oilless turbo.i cant wait to get it on a dyno
Really

Any chance u can post any pictures and let me know how much those things go for? Oil less seems like a fantastic idea to me

Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 flyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to flyinryan122

Turbos direct should be able to take care of you.

Those comp turbos are SICK. A buddy is getting a billet 72mm to test on his outlaw civic this season.

Golden Eagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, TiAL, Hondata, CG Racing.

Quote:
Our goals are to fuck shit up with a single cam
flyinryan122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinryan122 View Post
Turbos direct should be able to take care of you.

Those comp turbos are SICK. A buddy is getting a billet 72mm to test on his outlaw civic this season.
THANKS

&
Whats the price on one of those comp turbos? It doesnt show it on there website.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 gsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enoughgsxkid will become famous soon enough

i paid 1650 shipped for the 6765.its a badass turbo.billet extended tip comp wheel with a lightweight turbine shaft. i will get some pics up soon
Old 01-31-2011, 04:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Any idea how those oil-less turbos last with no lubrication?
blackcherry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

According to the website they still must be repacked with grease periodically. One really has to wonder how much less parasitic drag the bearings have over the BB and oil supply type.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

I just checked that and all it is, is a triple-ball bearing turbo. I thought it was a foil bearing turbo.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Greg from Go-autoworks sells garret turbos

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
Any idea how those oil-less turbos last with no lubrication?
they need to be serviced every 50k miles.it cost $150.also its a triple ceramic ball bearing turbo not less quality steel ball bearings.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

You can also check with Brian @ BNR Supercars.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in