Just bought a turbo, critique my set-up - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Default Just bought a turbo, critique my set-up

After 2 years of no boost, my tax return was the straw that broke the boost addicts back.

Got shit planned, firstly:
d15b7
hf mani w/ ewg
evo8 16g
decapped wrx injectors
p28 on crome
2.5 in exh
z6 im 70mm tb

Shooting for 175 at 7 psi

Then upgrade:
a6 with ls/vitara
z6 head
y7 282 and y7 rockers
255hp fuel pump
3.5 in exhaust
p06 with Neptune

Shooting for 300+ with whatever it takes.

What do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

How do you run EWG on an HF mani?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Mill it flat around the o2 hole port it then mount wg with a low profile allen bolt and a nut on top.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RIP

Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dirtydsi View Post
Mill it flat around the o2 hole port it then mount wg with a low profile allen bolt and a nut on top.
Or just buy a new better flowing manifold?
90efturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Because there are a ton of cheap manifolds everywhere with the evo 8 flange? I'm on alot of a budget.

RIP
Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

It will cost you just as much to have the HF manifold milled and buy and adapter flange as it would cost to buy a cast mani with a WG plange on it. Even if you get the machine work free, I still don't feel it's worth it. Get a cast manifold and call it a day! HF mani's were good back in the day, but pretty pointless nowadays. There's too many cheap alternatives.

Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Thats what Im thinking too.

If you happen upon an HF manifold for next to nothing and you happen upon a good IWG turbo for next to nothing, then yah, if get the adapter and rock it. But with how cheap and effective a drag manifold is I dont see it as being cost effective.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I got the manifold already modified for cheap. I had the adapter forever and I got the evo turbo for cheap. I'm about 120 in for the mani and turbo and everything. If I have to switch to a tubular twin scroll mani later I will but I imagine that such a thing would take my ENTIRE budget.

RIP

Last edited by 90dirtydsi; 01-26-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sounds good then! haha

Got any pics? Ive never seen that done.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

The turbo is in the mail, I don't have camera batteries for the mani and adaptor, I'll go grab some and update in abit.

Apreciate the comments!

RIP

Last edited by 90dirtydsi; 01-26-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

don't blow the budget on batteries! jk

post up the pics!

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 bradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Do you know how much the "decapped wrx injectors" flow? cc/min? If you haven't got the injectors already you may be able to use the stockers for 175whp.

Also are you planning on running an intercooler? You will have to have one for the vitara setup. 7psi is pretty much the highest you can go without intercooling.

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg View Post
Do you know how much the "decapped wrx injectors" flow? cc/min? If you haven't got the injectors already you may be able to use the stockers for 175whp.

Also are you planning on running an intercooler? You will have to have one for the vitara setup. 7psi is pretty much the highest you can go without intercooling.
You dont have to have an IC...

Water injection, duh.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Whats up with the shitty manifold. and 3.5 exhuast?????? LOL good luck going anywhere with 3.5. you do not need 3.5 at all. 3inch is PLENTTTYYYY man!

and going from p28 to po6...lol wtf is the point in this? im pretty sure the p28 can be used as non vtec also...

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

WRX injectors flow 8xx cc/min decapped. I'm definately going to try stock injectors now that you point that out all-motor guys use them at that power level.

With the adaptor the intake faces the passenger side, so I was going to use an intercooler like this with 90* on both to make it back door.
CXRacing Intercooler 23"x11"x3" Supra Mustang Plate - eBay (item 390240769764 end time Feb-13-11 18:02:35 PST)

I already have a bunch of 3.5 in manderel bends in the garage, so that's where that was coming from, IDK if 2.5 will make 300whp with this set-up. I went from p28 to p06 because it cost less to buy and chip a p06 then it does for me to sell my chiped p28 since I don't have any vtec.

turbo is still in the mail, trying to buy a d15 and a wastegate from a local tonight. Then I need to get a new wbo2 sensor, oil feed and restrictor, add datalogging to my ecu, mcgyver the drain and see how much I have to spend on my intercooler and downpipe.

RIP

Last edited by 90dirtydsi; 01-28-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thats very cool. Im impressed with how well that worked out.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

those allen heads are going to get lock washers and locktight... right? god i hope so. but even then, i would take that shit apart every 3-6 months and replace everything with new. corrosion can eat anything.. just a warning.

you put to "critique" your set-up, but when someone did, you bit their head off. dont bite the hand that feeds you, your not a dog.

btw: nice vodka on your bed.. drunk

edit: does this all clear???

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I didn't mean to bite off anyone's head, I'm just always drunk/stoned when I"M on here and things don't always come out how I mean them. I appreciate everyone's comments and i"VE Repped everyone who posted.

Thats a good idea to replace everything often, wouldn't want the wg to fall off mid-pull.

I haven't the slightest idea if ti willl all fit, the turbo is going to sit very far forward, no way i'm keeping a full core, i have a hafl core already or I might try to swap in a VW radiator very far forward.

RIP
Old 01-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
Thats very cool. Im impressed with how well that worked out.
Thanks bro, I've had the idea in my mind for a while for this exact set-up, I hope things work out pretty slick. I wnat something that fits very well and is quite simple.

RIP
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

ok, it should fit. that flange makes it so you can only mount the turbo one way. def going to need to be rid of the full size. one bad mount and you will have one nice hole in your rad.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in