boost question ?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default boost question ??

ok i was on the search about to weeks now and i was reading alot differents things about it so im confuse and dont kno what too do.. but ok i have a dohc zc motor that i built.and its also my first ever...i just installed my turbo kit so im looking for a tune shop...i called beyond engineneering tuning shop over here in wisconsin and they told me that the most boost that i can run with stock sleeves is 15psi? my stock dohc zc was on 12psi and ran perfect never had a problem but i wanted more boost so i built my bottom end and top end for more boost... i was planning for 20psi atleast?? my question now does anyone think that i can get 20psi out of my built motor and 300 or 350whp???it really bums me outs i put alot of time and money into my built and to find out that i can't get past 15psi is sad

but here is my setup:::: i have 10:0 flat top cp pistons,eagle rods, acl bearing,supertech block guard,255walbro pump,rc 750 injetors,aem fuel regulator,hks bov,garret 50trim,1.2 bisi cams, supertech titium retainers and seats and springs,port n polish head,aem cam gears,3bar omni senor,38mm wastegate ebay,,po6 chiped on crome.. umm might be forgetting some shit sorry???

please help me out and let me kno is i can get 20psi if i have stock sleeves??i dont wanna push it if sleeves cant take it??? thanks peps
built zc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

Yes u can get 400 plus out of stock sleevres pretty easily
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

If they tell you that, run away! Let me suggest 2 places for you. 1 is RC Autoworks in bridgeview IL. The second is King motorsports in Janesville I think. I went to RC and am very happy with the service. I've heard good things about King, but I think they only tune hondata. I also sent a PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ok..will it be reliable tho at 350whp? The tuner said that its up to me how much boost I wanna run..but I not sure how much boost I can run to get the most power and to be reliable? I just got off the phone with the tuner and he said only 15psi because if he goes higher boost and it blows they don't want customers saying its there fault?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

It's reasonable that he is trying to cover his ass. I know GE used to say that stock sleeves can only handle x amount of boost. He was basically saying it to sell his sleeves though. Det is what cracks sleeves on moderate power levels. Not psi.
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

a 350whp motor is only as reliable as the person maintaining it.

how diligent are you?

are you going to buy an AFR unit so you can watch that you dont run lean? are you going to do 5th gear boost pulls on the highway?

theres so much more to it than just "will my sleeves hold this much power".

if you want something dead reliable stick with 250-275whp with your forged internals on a decently high amount of boost but very tame timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

yes run away if they told you 15psi is the most you could go. i was at 25psi last year and im pretty sure JFK was at 30psi on his stock sleeveblock
psi is a irrelavant number. just remember that.
rc is a good place to go around there.
also i think AEM is near chicago also
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

if they are putting a boost pressure as the "limit" they know nothing.

PSI has nothing to do with it. you running a t25 or a 6262 at that 15psi?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by schardbody View Post
if they are putting a boost pressure as the "limit" they know nothing.

PSI has nothing to do with it. you running a t25 or a 6262 at that 15psi?
exactly!!!
PSI is nothing
CFM is everyting!
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

come on manifold pressure for the win!
cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yea! I would like to do some highway pulls once in awhile..and danz what exactly do u mean by tame timing? and high amount of boost?the guy that is suppose to tune is a really good tuner he holds the record for the fastest front wheel drive car over here in Wisconsin so I do trust him on tuning. I'm new at this and I also would like to learn more about it...I really appreciate the help..and I was wondering the lower your compression is the more boost u can run is that true?

Last edited by built zc; 01-26-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in