Honda D Series Forum banner

Blew up d15b...new z6 build

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  T9U4ReBgO 
#1 ·
hey guys i had a d15b boosted for some time now and she ran great till one day i heard a pretty loud head tap then the next day boom she went but as upsetting as it was i already had a fully built head sitting in the garage for part of my build

it consists of skunk 2 valves springs and retainers and skunk 2 stage 2 turbo cam ported and polished ready to go.

after blowing my motor i called up fj and he got me the z6 vitara bottom end kit with a bisi motor cam gear and intake mani gasket to complete the motor. i have skunk2 intake mani with aem fuel rail and fpr with dsm 450 cc injectors and walbro 255 fuel pump

i am going to upgrade my turbo and mani while doing this build along with going with hondata s300 for the tune.

my questions are what size turbo would be good with this setup. im making this a reliable daily driver but want as much power as the vitaras and stock sleeves will allow me.

also what size injectors will i need to upgrade to with what im looking at

and i have questions on the map sensors im new to building and tuning and was reading people changing there map sensors but my question is what is that for?

what other parts should i be looking into buying to complete this build and how much power can i potentially be looking at?

i know

See less See more
#2 ·
1.my questions are what size turbo would be good with this setup. im making this a reliable daily driver but want as much power as the vitaras and stock sleeves will allow me.

2.also what size injectors will i need to upgrade to with what im looking at

3.and i have questions on the map sensors im new to building and tuning and was reading people changing there map sensors but my question is what is that for?

4-what other parts should i be looking into buying to complete this build and how much power can i potentially be looking at?

i know
1- For turbo I would go at least a 50 trim
2-750cc should be plenty
3-Changing the Map is for boost cut purpose. The Oem won't allow more than 11psi or so of boost, if you want to run more boost you need to change the Map...

4-Just give yourself a goal and go fo it!!!

#8 ·
haha yeah i said the same shit but i through a rod right through the front of the block i guess i spun a bearing and thats what the noise was.

and what should i be looking for in forms of the map sensor like is there different setting ones which one would best fit my setup??? haha noob to the map sensor shit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.