My pos hit 12s! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 xsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default My pos hit 12s!

video addded..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVvbSM-SDfs

Last month I ran [email protected] on street tires..
Honda day 8/15/09 @ Etown. Only had 2 runs. 23in slicks(first time ive ever used slicks). Car weighed 2875lbs with me in it. Turboy7mini me. Car made 270whp 245wtq. Best part about the entire thing is I deliver food in this thing lol. Car was driven to the track and back home. Im very happy with the run but is this all the car has?

first run. Fighting with torque steer but never let off
rt 1,255
60 1.982
330 5.695
1/8 8.623
mph 85.68
1000 11.134
1/4 13.242
mph 107.29

Last run
dial 13.2
r/t 1.227
60 1.917
330 5.355
1/8 8.171
mph 88.07
1000 10.626
1/4 12.698
mph 109.00

breakout

I have vids but my other computer is down. Heres a pic tho lol
Walt R Boberto's Photos | Facebook

Last edited by xsenceo89x; 08-17-2009 at 03:36 PM.
xsenceo89x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

movin on up (jblock,9won4 ftw)

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 08-16-2009 at 10:51 AM.
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenceo89x View Post
but is this all the car has?
no, but its all you had at the time . more seat time, you can drop that a bit more. not a whole lot, but a little bit. you need more power and a LSD. also a diet plan for the chassis is very much in order, your weight is killing you. 2800+ lbs is way way too much weight for a civic, my EJ6 was only 2420 in race/street trim.

so basically:
  1. lose some weight
  2. get an LSD
  3. get more seat time

and the magic of low low times will show.

side notes: your now faster then my lightning. which is probably double the price of your car's current street value. you can also probably hang door to door with a new GTO (with a good driver), which costs a whole hell of a lot more then your car does or did. just think about it before you ask if this is all there is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Yeah, that seems really good. But 2800! that seems really heavy. You don't have a sub and shit do you? I could only imagine how much more your car would weigh with one and how much less with out. An easy thing to do before you go to the track is take out passenger and rear seats lol. Gl with going faster :td:
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

to give the OP a comparison... my lightning tips the scale at 4670 lbs and makes 340+ whp and 450+ ft lbs tq. this means i am ~10.3 lbs per ft lb of tq, your at ~11 lbs per ft lb of tq. you have less tq per lb and yet faster, do you think there is more in it? yeah, there is more there. to top it off, my truck is designed to run down the 1320 and cruise at high speeds. the single cam is just a eco box.

ok, now i am sad cause i own a slow truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-16-2009 at 10:54 AM.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

should be able to get down to the mid or low 12s

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
to give the OP a comparison... my lightning tips the scale at 4670 lbs and makes 340+ whp and 450+ ft lbs tq. this means i am ~10.3 lbs per ft lb of tq, your at ~11 lbs per ft lb of tq. you have less tq per lb and yet faster, do you think there is more in it? yeah, there is more there. to top it off, my truck is designed to run down the 1320 and cruise at high speeds. the single cam is just a eco box.

ok, now i am sad cause i own a slow truck

o shut your mouth. The L still sounds better lol

nice times man. Def. get an LSD
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

this gives me so much hope.
great times man
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

saw you run. this was the car that said save the sohc in big taped letters on the bumper right? haha.

also stock y7 bottom/y8 head? if so nice nice.

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Not bad man keep it up

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

drop those 60s and you got 12.5 easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Congrats man!!!!!! You do need to lose some weight though. Its still impressive for a delivery car though. I hope to be pulling some similar times when I get back on my feet. Keep up the good work man.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 single cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

nice! we need to see the vid
SOHC SQUAD#13
VIK-TEK d16z6 300hp/230trq
single cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

i say you have 12.4's in it.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJxr View Post
saw you run. this was the car that said save the sohc in big taped letters on the bumper right? haha.

Lol I think I saw it made the 12's pass, nice work.

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

kinda hard to see that car weighing that much, you should weigh it on a scale not go off whats in the door jam. you def have enough power to run mid 12s
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 xsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
movin on up (jblock,9won4 ftw)
Werd J block 9won4 all dayyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
no, but its all you had at the time . more seat time, you can drop that a bit more. not a whole lot, but a little bit. you need more power and a LSD. also a diet plan for the chassis is very much in order, your weight is killing you. 2800+ lbs is way way too much weight for a civic, my EJ6 was only 2420 in race/street trim.
so basically:
  1. lose some weight
  2. get an LSD
  3. get more seat time
and the magic of low low times will show.
side notes: your now faster then my lightning. which is probably double the price of your car's current street value. you can also probably hang door to door with a new GTO (with a good driver), which costs a whole hell of a lot more then your car does or did. just think about it before you ask if this is all there is.
I took out the spare tire and back seats lol. I think I might have dropped a good 100lbs. I went on the scale after the last pass and I was at 2875 so im assuimg with everything il wiegh around 3000lbs.
I have an OBX LSD in the tranny. I think it helped alot with traction.
First time on slicks. I didnt really know much about them lol. My boy was just like.."bang the rev limiter on the first run and theyll pull you down the track."

I played with a gto from a 40mph dig. He jumped and I still got em by a couple cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewall View Post
Yeah, that seems really good. But 2800! that seems really heavy. You don't have a sub and shit do you? I could only imagine how much more your car would weigh with one and how much less with out. An easy thing to do before you go to the track is take out passenger and rear seats lol. Gl with going faster :td:
Nope no subs. I did take out the rear seats tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJxr View Post
Yup. That was me. All those big b,k,h,j motor people were bashin me last time so i wanted to show em what a sohc could do.

Its a vitara/eagle/compcam/ebay turbo. check the build for more info
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
Lol I think I saw it made the 12's pass, nice work.
Thanks bro. Was my fan club screaming and yellin like they said they were or are they pullin my dick? lol
Old 08-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
kinda hard to see that car weighing that much, you should weigh it on a scale not go off whats in the door jam. you def have enough power to run mid 12s
Who said I went off the door jam? It was on the scale @ the end of the track
Old 08-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

never heard of a civic weighing over 2800lbs lol

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 13 dan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to dan.

definately loose some weight. lol thats a few hundred more than my sedan.
but is that all there is?

thats all i would want. Not many cars would be much faster.
dan. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in