Swiching setups? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 single cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Default Swiching setups?

I'm thinking about switching from my topmount to ram horn??? I'm not sure that i really need a topmount to achieve my goals. My goal is to hit somewhere in the 450hp to 50 hp range or put down a 10 sec run. I am having to switch motor setups due to the fact of blowing my block up 2 weeks ago so i'm not sure what route i'm going.
SOHC SQUAD#13
VIK-TEK d16z6 300hp/230trq
single cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

if a topmount will enable you to achieve your power goal plus some, why would you want spend the extra money to downgrade to something that will also enable you to achieve your goal??
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

i say sell it, and get a mini ram, they will get you to 450whp, but with alot quicker spool time. top mounts on a 1.6 is silly imo. alll that extra piping that has to fill with backpressure to spool her up, vs mini ram, big diff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 smurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

im a top mount fan - higher top end.
yes it takes longer to spool. its a matter of what your power goals are and when you want the power?
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

im s top mount fan on engines that are made to rev high. B series.

teamdohc.org

Old 08-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Bah top mount is for race purposes hands down I dropped my full ram for a topmount why because who gives a fuck about spool when you got antilag and if you can get your head to flow decent........ If you plan on having it for the streets go full ram or mini ram

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 smurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatness

you can build your D to rev high just costs a lil more
Old 08-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah if u want 1500rpms of full race power, go with a top mount lol but if ua want 3000rpms or more of power, mini rammmmm/log mannnifold. a top mount on the street with a D would suuuccckkk, but i mean its proven the cast manifolds can get you 400+whp and 10sec. and not have a laggy ass mofo car.

teamdohc.org

Old 08-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I promise you I will have plenty more than a 1500rpm powerband kiddo......And who said anything about a street car huge difference. Anyone with a dual purpose car makes huge sacrifices to keep it streetable thats why I decided to say who cares about the street the track is where its at

Old 08-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

we arent talking about your build here. he said 450whp is what he wants, a topmount is needed period. end of it.lol dont always need to look cool to go fast.

teamdohc.org

Old 08-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Sick1 I agree. Simple makes power. I vote mini ram but its not our build so you have the last say.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Why would it matter if you hit full spool on the street or not? You're not suppose to be haulin that much ass on the street...I mean an occasional pull, but even then with 450-500 I'm sure you'll beat whom ever you are trying to pull on. I'm goin with Top mount.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewall View Post
Why would it matter if you hit full spool on the street or not? You're not suppose to be haulin that much ass on the street...I mean an occasional pull, but even then with 450-500 I'm sure you'll beat whom ever you are trying to pull on. I'm goin with Top mount.

who said anything about racing on the street? out of boost driving around that shit would suck balls.

teamdohc.org

Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

it might suck but who needs to be "in boost" with 500hp?
Why not keep the mass power band out of highway speed, down shift and boom - in boost.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-EH-804 View Post
Bah top mount is for race purposes hands down I dropped my full ram for a topmount why because who gives a fuck about spool when you got antilag and if you can get your head to flow decent........ If you plan on having it for the streets go full ram or mini ram
bingo my thought exactly though top mounts look sexy

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post
bingo my thought exactly though top mounts look sexy
this is coming from a person with a octopus making sexy time with a weiner
Old 08-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

lol, have you had a boosted car smurf? down shift and boom? thats what im trying to say. the top mount wont do that, you downshift and wait for it, wait for it....boom. then gone. lol smaller manifolds = more powerband!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTw4xNqcRc&feature=fvw

goto 55secs. thats a top mount!

teamdohc.org

Old 08-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yes i have, and im building a new one right now.
its a give and take sir.

The smaller the manifold the closer the powerband is. however it gives up on the top end.
Top mounts high a much higher power band, its out more and bigger gains on the top end.

I guess we dont know who he wants.

A high reving car or not.
high power band,
or mid power band.

All these things add into ram horn or top mount or log manifold. Each part we add to our cars is a give and take issue. now there might be a lot of "give" with a top mount but who doesn't like to keep making boost into 9k rpm? So lets wait and see what is goals are.

Im still pissed that be blew his engine up anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

fyi: i bought a top mount so - top mount gets my vote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Lets see I have had all 3 cast log thingy full ram and now topmount. I can speak on 2 cast log thingy to full ram not much diff. With a little more timing Im sure they would have been about the same in the low to midrange. But the topend with the full ram was a bit diff though there was about the same amount of lag with both so...............But I will say that with the topmount It will prolly spool up ~500rpms later but will allow that bitch to breathe so much more.........And no never had a turbo car.....j/k Ronny

Old 08-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

YouTube - 400hp D16 civic.flv
YouTube - 400hp civic
YouTube - Turbo Honda Civic 400whp AEM EMS
YouTube - turbo d16 dyno 485 hp

dont look like any of those are giving up on top end..lol. so a top mount is needed for 450qhp? thats all im saying, yall are acting like his goal cant be reached without one. yeah they are pretty. anc yeah he needs to chime in and let us knwo what the car is, full race or what.

teamdohc.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in