Setup not yeilding the best results? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Setup not yeilding the best results?

so...
heres my setup

d16z6 fjt rods and vitara 75mm.
gt25 turbo
greddy manifold
2.5 inch dp.-3inch cutout/exhaust
Front mount
stock head
rc550s
motorola 2.5
hondata s300
10 lbs
vpower gapped to 28

i see full spool by about 3500-4000
but on the dyno where it was tuned they made 160whp/160wtq
the down pipe is pretty shitty but ive been told that shouldnt be the issue.
i went 13.1 in the 1000ft and trust me im a decent driver.

should this setup have yeilded more than that?
i had to replace a headgasket that could have been blown while tuning.
then checked the plugs and it was hella lean (my wideband blew)
so im dumping fuel in there just to richen it up. and its helped alott. but im still confused.
i mean i barely pull a civic with a gsr swap.
im not sure. if anyone could help it would be appreciated

these are my maps.
the boost columns should be rich. but not sure since the wideband is at plx..(i have to keep driving the car for work so i just added fuel untill i hit the gas and a small puff comes out. plugs are looking good as well.

sohc95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

you are running a decent amount of timing

turn the boost up, your turbo is pretty small
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

^Exactly what I was going to say.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 pandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to allpandorasbox is a name known to all

Very small turbo,what are the specs on it? My car put down 160whp and 150ft lbs on a small 16g and thats most likely comparable to it.

Also was this on a Mustang Dyno or a Dynojet?

Mine was on a Mustang Dyno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube channel where we build all the fun stuff: The MiShift Garage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Civic "The Yeti" ->

'05 Legay GT wagon: Daily beast
'83 BMW E21
'96 C1500
pandorasbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 phxz6 will become famous soon enoughphxz6 will become famous soon enoughphxz6 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

This is what I hate people do vitara builds then cheap out on the turbo setup then bitch they are not making any power. Get a decent turbo and manifold and turn the boost up and you should see some power, good luck!
phxz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Sounds about right. I put down 197 @ 10psi on a bigger turbo and a stock D15B (higher compression than vitaras). Tiny turbo + low comp + little boost = low hp numbers doh!

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

well it seems that with my boost controller i can only see a max of like 11 psi. i guess stock wg is like 6psi?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

and im not bitching about my build. i was actually happy with it. when i went to the track and went 13.1 in the 1000ft. people came up to me questioning the tune. so this led me to question it as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

13.1 @ what mph
Quote:
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

what was your 1/8 mile?

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

1.8th mile was 10.3ish i believe i seemed to have lost my slip
in the 1000ft i was trapping high 70s and i think 80mph once.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohc95 View Post
1.8th mile was 10.3ish i believe i seemed to have lost my slip
in the 1000ft i was trapping high 70s and i think 80mph once.
Something go wrong with the power output or the traction, I've made 9.9 on 1/8 and I'm still naturally aspirated.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all

Wow, 13.1 and trapping only at high 70-80 mph. Your car must be light as hell.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

im running 195/55/15 i believe. on the 04 ex fat 5 look alike wheels.
z6 tranny manual
stock flywheel
stage3 clutch
yeah. there was a guy there who was running the same setup on a stock z6 with afc tuning at 6 psi. and went 12 flat in the 1000ft.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

this is 1000ft
Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Classic Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
13.1 @ what mph
Quote:
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

[email protected]
Old 08-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

how do you know your a good driver whats your 60ft.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

on those fat wheels and fuzion vri tires lol. i could2.1s keep in mind this is the first time at the track with this setup. which i think its decent btu shouldnt have yeilded that slow of a time.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

10.1 1/8 mile.. with 160whp.. should be faster than that. i got 9.9 on a z6 with IHE back in the day.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in