Stock 4.25 or 4.9 with turbo ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: 4.25 or 4.9 final drive with small turbo ?
Keep the stock 4.25 gearbox 1 20.00%
Install the 4.9 final drive 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default Stock 4.25 or 4.9 with turbo ?

Stock 4.25 or 4.9 with my small ihi turbo ?

I have a 4.9 final drive on the shelf, but It was for N/A setup. Should I use it or let the stock EX gearbox ?

Thank you

Setup in building:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Video of my old setup:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Use it. If traction is too much of a problem, use a MFactory 3.083 1st and DX mainshaft/CS 2nd.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Use it. If traction is too much of a problem, use a MFactory 3.083 1st and DX mainshaft/CS 2nd.
I don't want to sell it, you got me a nice deal, but I just wanted to know what about people ever tried this kind of setup.

If I loose too much traction, perhaps I would invest in lsd differential, and semi-slick for street

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

id keep it and like chris said, if you ahve to much of an issue switch out the 1st gear. That should be fun as shit with that little turbo and a 4.9
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mmcmanus9442

With that turbo and power goal. The 4.9 would suit you well.

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
mmcmanus9442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

i would say keep the 4.9 and get the 1st gear....im running the gear x 1gear and 4.9 final drive and its a blast to drive, of course im not turbo either tho.

z6civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Or a closer gear ratio setup, but I still think the 4.9 is the best setup.

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Curious George

my power goals aren't past 300whp, more around 200whp to start and once block built and a bit bigger turbo, not too far of 280whp would be nice.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

The cheapest route probably then would be a 4.9 Final. Sourcing gears for a close ratio isnt exactly easy..

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

ya but if you want to go with a close ratio setup then i would just get the mfactory gears.

z6civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Curious George

no need of closer gear on turbo setup, only overall shorter gear would be more than enough.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Your not worried about the RPM drop each gear?

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmanus9442 View Post
Your not worried about the RPM drop each gear?
If spool time is very fast, it's not an issue. If I have 200tq+ pushing, even a bit longer gear, it will move fast. Playing perfectly with gearing is often something to check when you build naturally aspirated, less tq, need closer gear to stay in powerband.

I have somehwere else to put the money than buying a complete set of gear. I think y8 gearbox and 4.9FD would be close enough for my needs. I don't go on track, I have nothing to prove, only my own real pleasure when I'm driving my car alone.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belette View Post
If spool time is very fast, it's not an issue. If I have 200tq+ pushing, even a bit longer gear, it will move fast. Playing perfectly with gearing is often something to check when you build naturally aspirated, less tq, need closer gear to stay in powerband.

I have somehwere else to put the money than buying a complete set of gear. I think y8 gearbox and 4.9FD would be close enough for my needs. I don't go on track, I have nothing to prove, only my own real pleasure when I'm driving my car alone.

thats what it should be about its just supposed to be fun for you rep

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post

thats what it should be about its just supposed to be fun for you rep
Lol !

My car is for me, I don't go on track, I don't give shit to anybody. Sometimes I like to race at red light, but 95% of time I'm alone on the way, sometimes giving ride to my friends.

I have nothing to impress, I'm not involved in race team or something like that. I have also nothing to prove perhaps only to myself to do better next time and be happier.

I have all my humble knowledge and experience to share with people, nothing to hide and keep for myself like some.

I've saw so many people trying to be the best at the tracks, putting huge shitloads of money in cars, only that was existing. No life, no real girlfriends, not much friends, no furnitures and NOTHING, all pay checks were going in the car, all free times were also in the car. CAR and tracks, that's all.

Their lives were broken when they were pass by somebody faster. Like hitting them with a mace, deeply depress, like gambling. Cars are fun but we have to keep some limits. There is always somebody better and faster than us.

Thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belette View Post
Lol !

My car is for me, I don't go on track, I don't give shit to anybody. Sometimes I like to race at red light, but 95% of time I'm alone on the way, sometimes giving ride to my friends.

I have nothing to impress, I'm not involved in race team or something like that. I have also nothing to prove perhaps only to myself to do better next time and be happier.

I have all my humble knowledge and experience to share with people, nothing to hide and keep for myself like some.

I've saw so many people trying to be the best at the tracks, putting huge shitloads of money in cars, only that was existing. No life, no real girlfriends, not much friends, no furnitures and NOTHING, all pay checks were going in the car, all free times were also in the car. CAR and tracks, that's all.

Their lives were broken when they were pass by somebody faster. Like hitting them with a mace, deeply depress, like gambling. Cars are fun but we have to keep some limits. There is always somebody better and faster than us.

Thank you
have you been watching me secretly??? hehehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Curious George

LOL

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in