Urgent Help needed What pistions are these - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Urgent Help needed What pistions are these

Hey guys ive come all the way from nzcrx.com and nzhondas.com

Im looking to find out what sort of pistions these are so i can buy rings accordingly
according to this post [URL="http://nzhondas.com/forum/forced-induction/96753-high-boost-dohc-zc-parts-suggestions-rings.html"]

I know my rods are eagle 5394AHO

But pistions have no brand or markings on them at all

Sorry about this photo its just to show they are not dished at all

Anyone seen them before?
thecrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

sorry should add they give 8.8:1 cr with a 3mm headgasket with a 43cc combustion chamber on a dohc zc
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

make your pictures smaller. looks like srp pistons

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Use feeler gauges to meaure the ringlands. They're not stamped anywhere on the inside?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

pm3 pistons. they came in b7 and b8 d15's.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
make your pictures smaller. looks like srp pistons
SRP's are stamped on the inside.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

they are definitly not factory pistons, would have been built in 2001 (last owner)

No stamps at all if they were pm3 they would have be stamped

so id say at a guess non dished gives aprox 9:1 cr on a stock headgasket like a stock motor but forged ? cant be out of a sohc as would give a way lower cr in the dohc

Last edited by thecrx; 07-30-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrx View Post
they are definitly not factory piston
How do you know?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Quote:
they are definitly not factory pistons, would have been built in 2001 (last owner)

No stamps at all
how do you know there not factory if you see no marks on them?
they look like a normal piston from like a b7 or a6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

No stamps at all if they were pm3 they would have be stamped

so id say at a guess non dished gives aprox 9:1 cr on a stock headgasket like a stock motor but forged ? cant be out of a sohc as would give a way lower cr in the dohc
I had forged srp's out of an a6 in my dohc zc.

And I agree with cervan and sleepy...PM3's.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

wouldnt they have pm3 stamped on them? and they all machined up awsome just like a srp
Old 07-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
wouldnt they have pm3 stamped on them? and they all machined up awsome just like a srp
If they were OEM yes. The could be aftermarket cast PM3's, in which case they wouldn't be stamped.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

if they are SRP's look for forged marks, if they are cast they are stock pm3 pistons trust me on this. And if they arent stock, they are aftermarket nippon or mahle pistons.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

the op should def be able to tell if they are forged or not... totally differnet looking material.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

NO way those will give 8.8:1 compression in a DOHC ZC head.

Need better pics and the numbers off the pistons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
NO way those will give 8.8:1 compression in a DOHC ZC head.

Need better pics and the numbers off the pistons.
I got 8.6:1 with a dished SRP A6 piston (dish was smaller than stock) in my DOHC ZC and the comp height of the PM3 is higher + no dish of the Pm3 = he should be good to go.
Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in