Turbo???? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
SCAMMER. DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS GUY

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Turbo????

ok guys,

i need you guys opinion on what turbo. after talking to greg (autoworks) and francisco (fjdistributors) they both recomended me the bulleyes T3/T04E 57 trim .55 A/R. for my vitara build with stock head. but my mechanic (B-series guy) keeps telling me to go with a Precision SC61. im looking for something that is gonna give full boost at low rpm. im thinking that the precision sc61 is not going to do that at low rpm. please give me your input on which should be the best fit for my vitara build. ( goal is 350-400 whp)

thank you
d16y8-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

sc61 will be overkill and will not spool low, sounds like your mechanic is trying to make a sale...

the bullseye is perfect for your setup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

I actually said .55 a/r 50 trim. Low end...do NOT get the SC61 (see below)

^ My 9:1 Z6 w/ the SC61. Great topend turbo. Comes on like a light switch at 4500 or so. Its not the "fullboost at low RPM turbo" by any means

V 9:1 Z6 again w/ a .63 a/r Garrett...the .55 Bullseye would be very similar here.

Alot smoother and more "streetable"

VVFWIW

^All of those have 10 PSI pulls shown

Last edited by GO-AUTOWORKS; 07-22-2009 at 04:29 PM.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
sc61 will be overkill and will not spool low, sounds like your mechanic is trying to make a sale...

the bullseye is perfect for your setup
x2... unfortunatley turbo sizing is a bit different from d's to b's.. maybe you should inform your mechanic about that

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 smurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I dont know who you use for tuning but you said he is a b-series guy so i am not going to trash on him to much. However he should know what would / will not work on a D-series.
The sc61 is a larger turbo for the D and wont be what your looking for. Plus 350'ish power really is not a far reach for many of the semi-smaller turbos no need to go over kill.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

thats what i meant greg. LOL but that what i tought i figure the sc61 was to big. thank you guys for confirming tihs for me. greg i will hit you up next for that monster. please have it ready with a red bow on it cus is going to be christmas for me!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 07-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16y8-turbo View Post
thats what i meant greg. LOL but that what i tought i figure the sc61 was to big. thank you guys for confirming tihs for me. greg i will hit you up next for that monster. please have it ready with a red bow on it cus is going to be christmas for me!!!!!!!!! LOL
I'll have it ready...I can push one to the side now and stick a reindeer bow on it..
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

you DA MAN!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I got the same turbo Greg recommended and I am aiming for a Streetable 350 with early boost. Looking forward to it as well. Best of luck on your build and Go Auto is a great place to get your stuff.

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in