What Pistons and Rods For D15B JDM Boosted - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What Pistons and Rods For D15B JDM Boosted

Hey guys before i go boosting the little D, I think i would rather build the internals to handle the boost.
So i have the JDM D15B and i will be pushing air via a T25Turbo from a Nissan S13. What brand and pistons do i buy for my D15B engine?
JDM_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

vitara's seem to be pretty damn good. And for rods FJ or eagle. Or you could search the 87345893475894 turbo build threads, they have tons of answers for your questions.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

What are some part numbers of the pistons and rods that would work on my car? I want to search for them and do some reading, as i dont know what the hell to buy.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 sr20hardbody is learning the way of the Dsr20hardbody is learning the way of the D

yep fj makes custom length rods that brings vitaras up to stock compression levels on jdm d15b vtec

anything else and you'll have like 7:1 compression
sr20hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

For a t25 I'd just leave the internals alone. With a good tune they should handle it.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 sr20hardbody is learning the way of the Dsr20hardbody is learning the way of the D

indeed! ^^^^
sr20hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

The d15b block + eagle/vitara the pistons will sit above deck height.

You have to use custom rods for the jdm d15b.

You also cant use the d16z6 main bearings. You have to use the d15b7 ones.

Im building a jdm d15b as we speak (well not right right now lol)
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks guys. "newsolTSC" Good luck with the project, i to want to make some good power and not be afraid to turn up the boost. When my time comes to build the engine i will PM you for some more insight, if thats fine with you.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

You CAN use vitaras with eagle rods in a JDM D15B using a thick cometic headgasket. C'mon guys this has been covered 100000000000 times on at least 4 different sites.

Do we need a separate section for the D15B here like the DOHC ZC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

That is fine.

It's true, you use a thicker head gasket for the eagle/vitara setup.

But you can also use the oem head gasket and custom rods. I think doing it this way is cheaper. Plus you have the option of I beams or H beams (like the eagle)
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

you only need the thicker HG on a Y8 head with closed chambers

Vitaras stick out about .018" in a D15B, my P29's stick out A LOT further!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
You CAN use vitaras with eagle rods in a JDM D15B using a thick cometic headgasket. C'mon guys this has been covered 100000000000 times on at least 4 different sites.

Do we need a separate section for the D15B here like the DOHC ZC?
YES! =)
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

an alternative to forged rods is the much liked, but no so commonly known "ceramic dip" there is a company that sells a mixture of a clay (the clay comes from Greece somewhere) and carbon/epoxy compound. try searching for it. it's well worth it.

edit: joke. vitaras and fjts.

Last edited by wizard's blood; 09-25-2009 at 10:50 PM.
wizard's blood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in