Compression and turbo question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Compression and turbo question

Just curious...what is the highest compression pistons any of you have run with a turbo setup?
jarnld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

probibally p29's, 13:1 compression is stupid with a turbo i just cant see how without running race gas its possible to drive that thing daily.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

10.5:1 with 12 lbs.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

how would running 10.5:1 be compared to stock if you were running it without a turbo?

what is the stock C/R on a d16z6?

sorry if thats a stupid question...just trying to learn as I go! thanks guys
jarnld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

9.8:1 ish If I remember correctly.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

It's not that much of a difference from stock. I first had it at 8.5:1 because originally I put in lower compression pistons. After cracking a piston I decided I didn't like the lag as much and bumped it back up closer to stock.

Long story short... because of current events 8.5:1 - 10.5:1 is a big difference.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

There's a dude with a 13:1ish A6 running a lot of boost with E85 and he has the most torque I've ever seen from 2000RPM. The dyno chart looks like a supercharger is on the engines, not a turbo.

I don't see any issues with having high static compression ratios with any form of forced induction as long as you build the combustion chamber to maximize efficiency and prevent detonation. The engine build I have in mind for my DOHC D is going to be around 10.5:1 when I am done, but it would be higher if I had different pistons. (I got a set of Rollerwaves for nearly free, and they were the -6.26cc units, not the slightly less dished -4.somethingcc.) I expect this to run perfectly well NA and with a turbo, provide a much faster spool time from a dead stop and also decrease lag time exponentially once thngs get moving.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

I tuned a 12.5-13:1 CR Z6 with a 60-1. I'm ASSuming the CR based off of the compression test, 270 psi in each hole which was a little higher than my 12.5:1 D16Y5 put out.

Not the way I'd go, there is a smaller power ceiling with the smaller combustion chamber. E85 might help that out a lot, it might not, IDK because I haven'y had enough E85 experience.

Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in