JRSC Y7 no start...help! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Arcane is learning the way of the DArcane is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation JRSC Y7 no start...help!

One day my car was running was running fine...next minute it won't idle worth a damn.

Probably because of me....

When I put on my supercharger, I realized that I effectively had two IACV's working at the same time. My idle while stable, was around 1500 rpm's. The disconnected Y7 IACV was still bypassing air around the throttle plate. So my goal was to take it off and block it off with a plate. That should give a normal idle, right?

Wrong.

After I made the block off plate and put the car back together, it won't idle. If I hold my foot down, it'll run but as soon as I take my foot off, it'll die. At the lowest rpm it'll run at, it's got a heavy heavy lope. It backfired and now all my supercharger belts are too loose (wtf?).

Need some help here guys....

Oh btw if it helps any...I have another throttle body off an DA integra that I got for free. But it has a bunch of connections that i don't know what do with. I don't think it's compatible...just throwing it out there.
Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

it sounds like your timing is off.. check to make sure you are tdc

other possible causes imo are bad tps, bad spark plugs or bad map...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Arcane is learning the way of the DArcane is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post
it sounds like your timing is off.. check to make sure you are tdc

other possible causes imo are bad tps, bad spark plugs or bad map...
Car was running fine prior to the modification. No adjustments we made to timing at all. Spark plugs were changed last month.

Any other opinions?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

what engine management are you using?
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Check to make sure your right. Just because you changed your plugs a month ago doesn't mean they are good (could've gotten fouled). And who knows maybe your timing belt jumped. How about the TPS and the MAP like Mr. squid stated? Check ignition timing and what could mess that up. Im just throwing out MO, on your weird situation haha. GL man hope you get it fixed.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

I'd say put the IACV back on and see what happens
95_EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 rbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

What gasket are you using for your throttle body? Also, did you end up adjusting your idle? After swapping crank pulleys recently my car would come down in rpms after revving it very quickly and just dye out. I raised the idle and now it's fine. I ask about the gasket because one time I used one that was slightly different from oem and it did not let my car idle correctly either, I changed to an OEM gasket and it fixed it.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHonda1 View Post
what engine management are you using?
Car is running on Crome right now...soon to be Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtronix View Post
What gasket are you using for your throttle body? Also, did you end up adjusting your idle? After swapping crank pulleys recently my car would come down in rpms after revving it very quickly and just dye out. I raised the idle and now it's fine. I ask about the gasket because one time I used one that was slightly different from oem and it did not let my car idle correctly either, I changed to an OEM gasket and it fixed it.

This was the issue. As it turns out I running a Y7 TB gasket which doesn't have the cutout for a Y8 style IACV. When I made that block off plate, I blocked off any chance of my engine getting any air with the throttle plate closed. Hence, no idle.

As it turned out, a friend of mine had recently completed a Y8 IM swap and was having idling issues of his own. It turned out his gasket was the source of his issues as well. He had a Y8, I had a Y7. One switcheroo later and both cars were running.

I still have a vacuum leak from around my throttle body which I need to isolate but at least I can drive the damn thing.

Props rbtronix.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 rbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Thanks dude. But no problem. That's why we are here for. To help each other out. Glad to know that you have your car running!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

lets see some pics =)
wright_now is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in