How will running a d16z6 with vitara pistons and new rods be before turbo? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default How will running a d16z6 with vitara pistons and new rods be before turbo?

I was wondering...how will performance be on a d16 with vitara pistons and eagle rods before adding a turbo? Any better than stock? worse than stock?

Im going to be building a d16 for boost but I am doing so over the course of a year...the turbo will be the last thing I slap on it. How will it be to drive it before the turbo goes in?

Thanks
jarnld is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

areskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via MSN to areskzc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnld View Post
I was wondering...how will performance be on a d16 with vitara pistons and eagle rods before adding a turbo? Any better than stock? worse than stock?

Im going to be building a d16 for boost but I am doing so over the course of a year...the turbo will be the last thing I slap on it. How will it be to drive it before the turbo goes in?

Thanks
I have vitara egle setup and when a pipe come out the engine is Lazy!

Vitara a low comp vs oem pistons so you will feel a little of weakness.

2Y 10M days without smoking
Join me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
areskzc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by areskzc View Post
I have vitara egle setup and when a pipe come out the engine is Lazy!

Vitara a low comp vs oem pistons so you will feel a little of weakness.
its really not as bad as people make it sound. when i ride in Sean's car, you can hardly tell. the car has plenty of pep out of boost

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 wiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Yah I was crying the blues at first because it sucks so bad with a stock timing map in the low end but I could have been real lean with z6 head ported and a cam, I/H/E but the top end isn't too bad. Properly tuned it should be decent with more timing the low end out of boost response is outstanding with my 7.1:1 running with an a6 head. Make sure you have a good timing and fuel map though and it will be ok. For example Jfk said his old n/a vitara build two years ago properly tuned before the 54 trim lol, was faster in the quarter mile than with the stock engine.

Last edited by wiledwhitecivic; 07-31-2009 at 05:52 PM.
wiledwhitecivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

How would it do untuned?? i'll be building mine for boost but this is my project car. i wanna break the motor in before i put the turbo on it and tune it. Pretty much what i'm sayin is can i run a vitara/eagle h beam setup on stock ecu in a full z6 safely for breakin?
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i have a friend who ran his low compression forged setup on a stock ECU for an NA break in, no problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

break it in on the dyno
stay_up is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

i just ran thi (Compression Calculator) CR calc. and its giving me a number of 13.6 .... whcih is different than 12.05 that i got on this one (Honda D-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks)

what gives?

Im just confused with what pistons to get now....ughhh!!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

What values are you putting in for the pistons?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

with a header, it will feel fine. going thru a turbo mani/turbo kills alot of power when we arent in boost to. people say it takes power to make power on a s/c. well in a way it does on a turbo car to, cause all that exhuast going thru that tiny turbine makes alot of backpressure which hurts power. so witha header i think you will be 100% fine. as long as you have a tune for it, or its gonna run rich on the stock map.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

shit. forgot to change the piston to deck height on the first one.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

i AM CURRENTLY breaking in my (turbo) vitara build without TURBO. My low end lags it and top end i feel like i lost a LOT of it compared to stock. running stock+6 degrees of timing on low cam timing maps for now not sure about high cam . I revved it to 8k once for the hell of it and damn that thing made noise but didnt move haha

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.

Last edited by owneyboy; 07-30-2009 at 10:29 AM.
owneyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

also to show somthing, they put down 98whp on a stock z6. think it was dude with the 600whp vitara d16. but they dynoed the vitara pistons before the turbo with a header, mind you this entire engine is built head and all, so thats prolly why, but the vitara setup put down 112whp. But if ya think about it, if it had stock pistons, or higher cr, that thing prolly woulda sat down 165-175whp!

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
also to show somthing, they put down 98whp on a stock z6. think it was dude with the 600whp vitara d16. but they dynoed the vitara pistons before the turbo with a header, mind you this entire engine is built head and all, so thats prolly why, but the vitara setup put down 112whp. But if ya think about it, if it had stock pistons, or higher cr, that thing prolly woulda sat down 165-175whp!
my gsr when i was breaking it in all motor made 190 with 9:1 so it was tolerable

i never dynoed my sohc when it was na low comp for break in i didnt want to know, cause my butt dyno was telling me gutt less
nlr808 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
i have a friend who ran his low compression forged setup on a stock ECU for an NA break in, no problems
Good to hear. cuz I'm nearing completion of gathering parts so building and breaking in is next up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_up View Post
break it in on the dyno
I don't have the monies for all that extra dyno time. This is a budget build.
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm breaking in my vitaras and eagles on a z6 and it lags a little low end, other than that its totally fine. About 500kms on it now.
Gutz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Defender of the D

are you running on an all stock ecu?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 wiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I ended up running a Vega base map for a while for vitara compression with the stock injectors so there was less risk for improper offset. Do you have the ecu socketed yet?
wiledwhitecivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

hmm i actually finally blew my head gasket again so im not sure if its always been blown since start up so idk LOL

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.
owneyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 fritt is starting to learn the ropesfritt is starting to learn the ropesfritt is starting to learn the ropesfritt is starting to learn the ropesfritt is starting to learn the ropesfritt is starting to learn the ropes

i ran my old vitara/eagle d16a1 with the stock ecu and i naver had a problem. I will break my new vitara setup with the stock ecu too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in