Riding rev limiter in 1st to get better 60s? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default Riding rev limiter in 1st to get better 60s?

To those running good 60ft's at the track:

What type of rev limiter are you using and about how high?

I find when i try to ride the limiter to get my MPH up in the 60's the car falls on its face.

Im using just ignition cut

Launching at 15psi off anti-lag at 6500rpm with limiter set to 8200. tire pressure around 9-10psi on 23x8x13 M&H's. best 60ft is 1.80

maybe lower the limiter, or raise the launching rpm?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....

It seems that you're lowering your et's in an effort to raise your 60ft. You're not making power on the rev limiter. Maybe I'm not seeing something.

Last edited by 13g-crx; 07-10-2009 at 11:49 AM.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

do you have a dyno chart? im curious to see what it looks like and where the powerban ends

Old 07-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 neek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Whats your suspension setup in the rear? This can affect your 60 as well. My last outing at the track i was pulling low 1.80s too but I was running open diff no traction bar and shiitty rear suspension. But I did let 1st gear ride out a bit but not to the point of where i felt power loss.

Adrenaline tuned

Full boost passes to come
neek175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13g-crx View Post
It seems that you're lowering your et's in an effort to raise your 60ft. You're not making power on the rev limiter. Maybe I'm not seeing something.
wheel spin is a bitch, and bogging into 2nd is no fun at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
do you have a dyno chart? im curious to see what it looks like and where the powerban ends
hopefully on the 18th. but by then it will be 20-30 psi, and a whole different animal!!

i have a feeling with the turbo setup i am running it will be RPM/piston speed that limits my power. at least i hope so. im not ballsy enough to run it up to 9000rpm like some others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek175 View Post
Whats your suspension setup in the rear? This can affect your 60 as well. My last outing at the track i was pulling low 1.80s too but I was running open diff no traction bar and shiitty rear suspension. But I did let 1st gear ride out a bit but not to the point of where i felt power loss.

H&R Sport w/ KYB AGX with MFactory LSD

it seems to spin 1st on the M&H's, maybe i will try 8psi in the tires.

once it hits the limiter it just stops pulling, not like in lots of videos ive seen where the wheels keep spinning tapping off the limiter (for example, greg's stock D15B)
Quote:
Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
wheel spin is a bitch, and bogging into 2nd is no fun at all!
feather the throttle noob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
feather the throttle noob
fuck that!! i didnt buy slicks/LSD/traction bar to pussy foot my car!!!
Quote:
Old 07-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
then you will continue to have shitty times. can't just floor it, its not a 100 whp civic .

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Do the four wheels drive conversion/4 slicks/ wheely bars instead. It will allow you to start like a retard every time you go on strip. It's not a shame to be gentle a bit with gaz pedal on the first gear. :P

There is some threads we vr takbout since week ago about traction and 60ft.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

you could also lower the boost in 1st gear, use ECtune's boost controller feature

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

sounds like you need a better burnout. i always try to get in 2nd asap. usually cut 1.75-1.80 but im on 24.5s. i should be getting high 1.6 low 1.7 since i have an lsd but i suck. hopefully when i get ectune and the boost builder i will get some better 60s.

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 neek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatness

Do you guys realize where the 60ft mark is? If so you would want to hit second right at that point. If you do it sooner the time it takes to shift into second will affect your 60. Just my .2. Thats why I hold first until im at that point.

Adrenaline tuned

Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

what times are you running?

- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek175 View Post
Do you guys realize where the 60ft mark is? If so you would want to hit second right at that point. If you do it sooner the time it takes to shift into second will affect your 60.
take your "want" in one hand and shit in the other. see which one gets heavy first.

you may "want" to hold first till you get to the 60ft mark, but your not always going to be able to. restricting yourself to that mark as your shift point is dumb.

if your riding 1st cause you need to hold out longer so you will be in the band when you shift, thats different. but if your doing it just cause your obsessed with the 60ft time, your doing it wrong. last i checked the track doesnt end at the 60ft mark . but thats just my $.02, want change?

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
take your "want" in one hand and shit in the other. see which one gets heavy first.

you may "want" to hold first till you get to the 60ft mark, but your not always going to be able to. restricting yourself to that mark as your shift point is dumb.

if your riding 1st cause you need to hold out longer so you will be in the band when you shift, thats different. but if your doing it just cause your obsessed with the 60ft time, your doing it wrong. last i checked the track doesnt end at the 60ft mark . but thats just my $.02, want change?
Hey I never said I was obsessed with getting a good sixty. I just said what works for me. I also said that by doing it this way I DONT FALL OUT OF MY POWER BAND. Oh and I hit the brakes at the 60 too and wait for someone to hand me my slip. So thats a 5 dollar bill I just gave you so you need to give me my 4.98 cents back. Anyway Dan try different things out at the track until you find what works for you.

Adrenaline tuned

Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

i read that you dont want to go lower than around 15-20 psi tire pressure...

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post
the lower pressure you can safely go on slicks, the better... rota92 was running like 4 psi, but id imagine it can get a bit crazy.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post
maybe on street tires but slicks refer to above post

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 JFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatnessJFK78 is approaching greatness

Quote:
To those running good 60ft's at the track:

What type of rev limiter are you using and about how high?

I find when i try to ride the limiter to get my MPH up in the 60's the car falls on its face.

Im using just ignition cut

Launching at 15psi off anti-lag at 6500rpm with limiter set to 8200. tire pressure around 9-10psi on 23x8x13 M&H's. best 60ft is 1.80

maybe lower the limiter, or raise the launching rpm?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure your rpm resume point is set close to your cut point. AKA 8000rpm cut, 7900-7950rpm resume.

Forget the anti-lag, you don't need it. Try 7000rpm, no anti-lag. Tire pressure needs to drop. 7-8psi hot is a common pressure that works well for most.

You'll find the throttle position that works well for you with practice.

color="Orange">NOS
.com
JFK78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK78 View Post
Make sure your rpm resume point is set close to your cut point. AKA 8000rpm cut, 7900-7950rpm resume.

Forget the anti-lag, you don't need it. Try 7000rpm, no anti-lag. Tire pressure needs to drop. 7-8psi hot is a common pressure that works well for most.

You'll find the throttle position that works well for you with practice.
lower pressure will give you traction, but too low pressure will kill your acceleretaion after that. Even with slicks, it's like running two flat tires.

Align your slick behind the two rubber strip made by other ones before you t the light, they are warm and they stick better than the colder pavement. It would improve your 60ft times a bit, then improve the final elapsed time.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in