My build is Beginning... Last Minute questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default My build is Beginning... Last Minute questions

I am doing a vitara build on a d16y7... I will be running anywhere between 10-15 psi on a t3 60 trim.

Pistons: 75.5 ycp vitaras
Rods: Eagle H beams

1. What is my ideal piston to wall clearance?
2. What piston to wall clearance is acceptable?
3. Am I able to reliably drive a vitara built motor on my stock computer and injectors to break it in and then boost it when it is broke in? Or is the lowered compression going to throw everything out of whack?

If anyone else had any little questions like this when they were ready to do there build can you please post them and the answer (if you know it) because there is a good chance I may have the same questions

thanks

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Check the FJD thread on OCO he tells about the PTW for the HP you are looking for. WHy break the motor in N/A then throw boost at it just put it all together and break it in turbo on a basemap you will hate driving that thing N/A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all

will it run correctly though?

I cannot find the thread you speak of on OCO

Quote:
Quote:

wait.........nevermind!

Last edited by kevo1586; 07-07-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

FAQ about Vitara pistons - HondaBuild

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

that should be stickied on here

if an OP reads this I recommend a sticky on the above post's link

Quote:
Quote:

wait.........nevermind!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 combz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

ptw-0.0035 -0.004
don't boost it on the stock injectors and ecu, if you still have an obd2 computer your going to have issues anyways, unless you kept the y7 intake manifold and IACV.

1998 civic lx-T
d16z6, GT3076r, vitaras, FJ rods, supertech springs/retainers, bisi 2.4 turbo cam, Exospeed star8's wrapped in 23" MT's

Dyno vid

combz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I will not be boosting on the stock computer

Break-in
I plan on breaking the motor in NA on stock computer (P2E OBD2), stock injectors and a skunk2 intake manifold

the main differences between this and my original motor will be
- 75.5 vitara pistons
- eagle rods
- skunk2 intake manifold

then when the motor is broke in

Boosted Set-up
I plan on setting the motor up for boost, installing RC 550's, and using a P06 (OBD1) ecu and getting the motor tuned for boost

should my car run fine on my break-in set-up?

Quote:
Quote:

wait.........nevermind!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

someone must know if my car is gonna run???
c'mon!!! :P

Quote:
Quote:

wait.........nevermind!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

see on the link he says arrows to the timing belt. but everyone else says towards the flywheel.which one is right i did towards the flywheel.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 james25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Your car should run fine during break in. I'm still not boosted yet just too lazy to put my turbo stuff back in but I'm running my stock y7 injectors, 75.5mm vitaras, fjt custom rods, and a y7 ecu n/a 470mi on rebuild so far, lol I got 33mpg last fill up!
james25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

thanks James... that is good news

Mr. Si... I am plan on having my arrow pointing towards the flywheel

Quote:
Quote:

wait.........nevermind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in