d15z1 hybrid - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation d15z1 hybrid

could i take a d15b jdm v-tec silonoid and camshaft and put it in my d15z1 head and would it make any difference or should i just put the jdm head on thank sorry if this is a stupid question
1fast4dor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 c0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

uhm, im not gunna promise any kind of answer, but i dont think you would see any gains, the ports on the z1 head are tiny.
c0nspire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

the rocker arms are diffrently aranged diffrent kind of vtec, if you want gains you have to swap the whole head
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

head swap is a bad idea also, super low compression, like 7.8:1 IIRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

just swap the whole engine...
d15z1sux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

so basically i should just ditch the z1 and the jdm head and buy a z6 or a y8
Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 wnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunnawnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunnawnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunnawnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunnawnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunnawnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunnawnc_klx_rider is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

z1 block, d15b (jdm) head, will have low comp. so put a turbo on it (cuz this is forced induction section) work with what u got, no need to go get another motor unless you just like spending money. your prob gonna detonate your first boosted motor anyways
In Fayetteville, NC I actually witnessed a traffic stop by a silver Civic. NC tags in the back, not the [NC Exempt] tags that are usually on patrol cars, and a black plate on front that said "BUSTED". It boasted a Zepplin lightshow style array of lights and a full uniform cop stepped out. I was rather suprised.

06 Ex civic 4dr all stock family car
07 sti daily driver. cobb stg 2
86 Comanche 4wd
wnc_klx_rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!

ok just ran it threw zeal, 6.48:1 ..... I retract my previous statment. bone you were right, also acording to zeal stock z1 CR is 7.38:1 ! OP I would not do anything to lower it further.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronsteezz View Post
ok just ran it threw zeal, 6.48:1 ..... I retract my previous statment. bone you were right, also acording to zeal stock z1 CR is 7.38:1 ! OP I would not do anything to lower it further.
Your doing it wrong, select the correct rods.

7.81:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

oops... still damm low... prob cheaper to just pick something else up..... wait why is this in the FI forum?
Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 c0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropesc0nspire is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Your doing it wrong, select the correct rods.

7.81:1
i got 8.98:1 for a stock z1 and 7.81:1 for a stock z1 with a d15b head using a metal headgasket

Last edited by c0nspire; 07-07-2009 at 04:30 PM.
c0nspire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronsteezz View Post
wait why is this in the FI forum?
its a noob and it was the first part of the forumn he saw on the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast4dor View Post
so basically i should just ditch the z1 and the jdm head and buy a z6 or a y8
a z6 would be a upgrade from what you have now.
that would be my choice. but is there anything wrong with the one you have now?
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

i posted here because its gonna be a turbo setup but i heard the z6 will handle boost better then a z1 block with a ported d15b head
Old 07-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

the z1 has a complete fresh rebuild everything is new
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

While the Z6 would be a stronger option, a few have ran boost on a low compression hybrid such as your planning.

Stupid what he got out of that motor....until it popped.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 robster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to allrobster is a name known to all

My 2 cent: keep the z1 stock, it can be done!

- use the stock exhaust mani as a turbo mani with an adapterflange
- use a GT25 or smaller
- set psi to 8-10
- use a 2'' charge pipe
- small front mount intercooler
- 240cc injektors
- block the EGR path in the head
- use a 4 wire OČ and a P28 OBD1 ECU with a good tune
- get yourself a 2.5'' exhaust

upgrade:
- Z6 IM with TB
- z1 head port match to z6 IM
- 2.25 charge pipe
- thicker gasket + more boost

My Turbo D15z1 Vtec-E owns you foos - HomemadeTurbo - DIY Turbo Forum

It's not my build!!!
robster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

can't view the link...........

Quote:
Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

are there any write ups on how to use the stock exhaust mani as a turbo mani and i am turbo illiterate wut all would i need exactly to turbo the z1
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

cool build. Neat Idea about locking vtec, slight worry arn't the rods on the z1 smaller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in