Check out this boost controller ( no its not a forsale thread ) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Default Check out this boost controller ( no its not a forsale thread )

as some of you know i recently designed a MBC and have been selling it here and on the net, well today i decided to get creative and see if i could take it a step further , the result is a 2 stage that unlike most version has 2 true independent stages not a bleed on the second stage that just slightly goes higher then what ever the first stage is set at like almost every 2 stage out there does now here is the cool part i used a solenoid that is capable of being controlled by the ECU so in a way its like a poor mans boost by gear but better in that it has the fast spool of a MBC and the consistent boost levels no matter if the ambient air is hot or cold, sure boost by gear allows you to set each gear and i only have 2 settings but truthfully i have owned several PWM style boost controllers and the inconsistency of them is enough to drive me nuts when i bracket race. i can also just control it with a switch and have a low for street and high for track, but i was thinking of letting the ecu do it for a while. neptune allows me to do it by MPH and gear ect ect so i can set low boost for first and second and high for third and up for the street and at the track high in all gears ect. any way here are some spy photos, you will have to wait till tomorrow for a video and installed pics.
oh and before you ask as of right now this version isnt for sale , its a huge pain to make and the solenoids arent real cheap, if i could ever get it sorted to where i could sell them for 100 ish i probably would make a few but we shall see, for now im just gonna play with this one.

and this is my creation for the solenoid , it gets mounted remote from the boost controller it self for looks and clean install.

more pics and vid tomorrow.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 33 reviews

very nice!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
EG6-Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

shipped to 78731? lol jk. looking good.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

looks killer man...i would pick one lol

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....

thanks guys, im actually in negotiations to try and get a limited number of the solenoids for a decent price, if that happens i will be sure to make it known and then i would be willing to make a few, but on a side not my normal MBC would look good in all your cars
10.7 @ 137.97
11.6 @ 118
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

looks very nice

good work man
iceman8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
my normal MBC would look good in all your cars
if your going to be selling them on the site, i would think you would at least be dishing some of the profit to the site.. just a thought from another member..

as a side note: pretty intresting work. i have a faint idea of how your going to be actuating everything, but i'll wait to see if your idea is the same as mine.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

people sell stuff everyday in the f/s section with out giving back to the site... thats what donations are for lol

boosted91 that looks pretty good, diy ftw! You know it'll hold up for pretty much everyone here since your car is pushing as much or more power than just about anyone lol

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
if your going to be selling them on the site, i would think you would at least be dishing some of the profit to the site.. just a thought from another member..

as a side note: pretty intresting work. i have a faint idea of how your going to be actuating everything, but i'll wait to see if your idea is the same as mine.
your idea might be the same as mine im already helping the site members out by selling them for only 30 bucks i wont even break even until i sell a bunch more of course i could charge you 35 and donate that extra 5 any way tomorrow you will see it hooked up and in action.
10.7 @ 137.97
11.6 @ 118
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznc View Post
people sell stuff everyday in the f/s section with out giving back to the site... thats what donations are for lol
making a product, then selling it is a buisness venture. selling your unwanted bs is just selling your unwanted bs. if you cant spot the difference, you should never own your own buisness.

Quote:
your idea might be the same as mine
not many ways to do this kind of work. had this idea back in my last duty station. the aircraft used the same type set-up for a air bleed system.

Quote:
im already helping the site members out by selling them for only 30 bucks. i wont even break even until i sell a bunch more
not the point and you know it.

Quote:
any way tomorrow you will see it hooked up and in action.
werd

Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
making a product, then selling it is a buisness venture. selling your unwanted bs is just selling your unwanted bs. if you cant spot the difference, you should never own your own buisness.
I get what your saying, you mean like paying rent for a store front, your using the website to connect with customers so why not donate some money and help out the site, but still there are a bunch of guys selling stuff trying to kinda make some dollars on the side hell we got two tow hook makers we could choose from!

I guess I am kinda on your side I just think if you say that to one person you should to everyone, but back to boosted91's mbc's

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznc View Post
still there are a bunch of guys selling stuff trying to kinda make some dollars on the side hell we got two tow hook makers we could choose from!

I guess I am kinda on your side I just think if you say that to one person you should to everyone, but back to boosted91's mbc's
i pinged one of them. the mod one. he knows what he should be doing. if he does it or not, its up to him. same with "boosted91". but your right, we/i are/am fucking up his thread with this side conversation. lets just say, if he makes a profit, it would be nice of him to share with the site so it can stay alive.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

not many ways to do this kind of work. had this idea back in my last duty station. the aircraft used the same type set-up for a air bleed system.

not the point and you know it.
air bleeds are why i did it this way, they dont work well and by the time you make them big enough to raise boost a good chunk they become just a vacuum leak.
and i dont agree with your point, i already explained that im helping out the sites members on a personal level by not charging a unfair price, i decided that was much better for every one all around, any way this thread isnt a for sale thread so if you disagree with me your welcome to pm me about it.
lets get back to talking about this new set up and cross our fingers it works as good as the single stage does.
10.7 @ 137.97
11.6 @ 118

Last edited by Boosted91; 06-29-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
air bleeds are why i did it this way, they dont work well and by the time you make them big enough to raise boost a good chunk they become just a vacuum leak.
very true. here is how the system went on the a/c, iirc.

feed -> sel -> valve one (check ball design)
sel-> valve two (diaphram design)

valve one bleed pressure to the atmos. the second valve used the bleed pressure to regulate the first pressure valve. so when the flight went down, there was no momentary pressure loss.

**hope i explained that right, lol. its been almost 3 years since i saw the system**

btw: this is the same system design i was going to use to adjust vac pressure in the crankcase, but thats for a different thread....

Quote:
cross our fingers it works as good as the single stage does.
not crossed, but thinking. wonding how your going to fault the system if there is an error. meh. i am so negative.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
very true. here is how the system went on the a/c, iirc.

feed -> sel -> valve one (check ball design)
sel-> valve two (diaphram design)

valve one bleed pressure to the atmos. the second valve used the bleed pressure to regulate the first pressure valve. so when the flight went down, there was no momentary pressure loss.

**hope i explained that right, lol. its been almost 3 years since i saw the system**

not crossed, but thinking. wonding how your going to fault the system if there is an error. meh. i am so negative.
ok well if you use a toggle switch then it works just like any other dual stage as far as malfunctions go, you pretty much rely on boost cut to save you in a over boost scenario. as for neptune controlling it has allot of features, for example disabling boost control if a MIL comes on ect.
10.7 @ 137.97
11.6 @ 118
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
ok well if you use a toggle switch then it works just like any other dual stage as far as malfunctions go, you pretty much rely on boost cut to save you in a over boost scenario. as for neptune controlling it has allot of features, for example disabling boost control if a MIL comes on ect.
i see.. to be honest, i am not a fan of the switched bost controllers. i do like boost cut though. it saved my y7 three times.

edit btw: mounting single controllers like that woud be nice for the guys running dual WGs. at least then they are not rigging up something. maybe its something you can add to your single stage BC set-ups. although, not much for sales on that front on this site.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 06-29-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
i see.. to be honest, i am not a fan of the switched bost controllers. i do like boost cut though. it saved my y7 three times.

edit btw: mounting single controllers like that woud be nice for the guys running dual WGs. at least then they are not rigging up something. maybe its something you can add to your single stage BC set-ups. although, not much for sales on that front on this site.
i run dual wastegates , but all i do is Y them to one line at the gates and run that 1 line up to the controller. i will also be using a Y to join the out put of these to one line as well.
10.7 @ 137.97
11.6 @ 118
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Cool idea, nice to see someone doing their own thing.
Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Talking

Quote:
i run dual wastegates , but all i do is Y them to one line at the gates and run that 1 line up to the controller.
wich works, but doesnt look as cool

Old 06-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
wich works, but doesnt look as cool
you cant see it its all behind the bumper.
10.7 @ 137.97
11.6 @ 118
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in