Recommendations for my new turbo d16z6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Recommendations for my new turbo d16z6

Alright so I have a stock d16z6, and just installed a greddy 15g kit, w/ E-manage basemap boosted at stock 5 psi. I have retarded the timing almost to max as well.

The car is running pretty lean, just wanted to know what everyone here would recommend me getting. What im planning to get are 450cc dsm injectors, a fuel pressure regulator and a gsr fuel pump or a walbro fuel pump?

Also sometimes when i start the car now, it just dies out but would start back up right after and im getting a code 43 from my ecu which is "Fuel Supply" and the motor idles a little low now as well.

Thanks.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

JPB-EJ1 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Greddy kit is supposed to work with stock everything, sounds like your base idle is off. If your base idle is off your timing won't be correct. Also if your new here to the site post up in the noob section too and do lots of reading!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JPB-EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

ok, are you talking about my ignition timing? what about the parts i am planning to get?

Old 11-23-2008, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Have you guys heard about the VGT turbos that cummins have? might wana look into that.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

code 43 from my exp.(had that shite). was the heated o2 sensor code,

also why play with the timing.?.my crx runs fine on the greddy kit?. stock everything.

edit: injectors would be nice, since...the...stock..is..at..almost..100%..dut y..cycle......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

02 heater sensor, I had that , replaced the 02 sensor
and it was gone.

Original Owner 92 Si Hatch.
eghatchowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

odd, cause i just replaced the oxygen sensor 3 months ago. I retarded the timing cause my a/f gauge was showing that it was running lean. ):
Old 11-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

drive to tuner, take off emanage, get your p28 chipped with crome(or whatever), install 450s, tune, tune, tune. have the o2 disabled if you want. i did it.

GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

tuner,injectors,and a fuel pump and get the o2 disabled if you want. After all that youshould be fine. Well maybe some ngk 3330 spark plugs there one step colder.

I ♥ my Honda

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
odd, cause i just replaced the oxygen sensor 3 months ago. I retarded the timing cause my a/f gauge was showing that it was running lean. ):

unless its a wideband o2 sensor stay away from it, if its the aem lightshow one.. lame.. its a narrow band sensor and will not yeild accurate a/f ratios.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

well what kind of fuel pump would you guys recommend, for this setup? you think a gsr fuel pump is good enough? or might as well go with a walbro? Around How much is it to get my p28 ecu chipped and tuned?

also instead of a tune i was thinking of just getting the msd ignition boost retard box instead of a tune which should just run me up about 150 bucks, unless a chip and tune would be cheaper.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
unless its a wideband o2 sensor stay away from it, if its the aem lightshow one.. lame.. its a narrow band sensor and will not yeild accurate a/f ratios.

Im using an autometer a/f gauge.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Where the Pics at?

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

I would get the walboro 190lph that will be more than fine for what your doing and I think that is a narrowband light show that your talking about that you have

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in