Turbo size. Would it be good for me? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc
Default Turbo size. Would it be good for me?

alright i hope i dont get flamed for asking this but im asking anyways.im thinking about gettin a new turbo setup for my car. and found a turbo for a pretty good price but wondering if it is right for my motor.
i have a stock motor right now with a 15g makin 173 to the wheels
im not looking to just a whole lot more then that just a bit more maybe like 210 on the stock block. its a new rebuld by the way. 8k on it.
anyways the turbo is a
Compressor : A/R = 0.50,2.5" inlet
Turbine : A/R = 0.63
with a t3 flange.
what are your thoughts guys?
i searched but couldnt really find someone else aksing the same question.
also would it just be better to turn the boost up on my 15g and try to get that same hp out of it?

god damnit just saw my title! and i cant spell for shit i guess
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid

Last edited by boostedsohc; 11-21-2008 at 07:47 PM.
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 SnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SnailedZ6

that is a nice turbo. my buddy runs that on the same exact setup as you. and he dynoed 206 whp on 9 psi... his motors a z6 tho. idk about yours.

anyway. its looks like its a 50 trim judging by the specs you gave... i personally havent run that. i use a .57 trim. and for my setup. (a stock z6) when i 2 step at the track. my lag is extremely minumum.

so honestly. i think that turbo will make you very happy. nice power with not alot of lag.

IMO it sounds like a nice one.

i spread REP like a h00ker spreads the clap!
PLEASE REP ME!

Boost- The neck breaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
This isnt spoonfeedthenoob.org
91 Da9 special edition
00 Ej6 - boost coming soon
SnailedZ6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!

thanks alot man. i figured its a start at gettin a new setup together.
rep for quick reply and good info

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 SnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagleSnailedZ6 is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
thanks alot man. i figured its a start at gettin a new setup together.
rep for quick reply and good info
thank you sir.
yea you should be much happier with that turbo. i actually ran a 13.1 tonight on a stock z6. i honestly cant believe it. a couple friends calle dme liars till i showed em my time slips. i jsut wish i had it on tape

oh well. i have always loved the single cams just to be different. but after tonight. its a whole new ball game. now i was to hit the 10's in a fully built D
and ill do it.

but you will be more happier with the larger turbo. that dsm one your running now is for the birds

PLEASE REP ME!

Boost- The neck breaker

Quote:
91 Da9 special edition
Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailedZ6 View Post
thank you sir.
yea you should be much happier with that turbo. i actually ran a 13.1 tonight on a stock z6. i honestly cant believe it. a couple friends calle dme liars till i showed em my time slips. i jsut wish i had it on tape

oh well. i have always loved the single cams just to be different. but after tonight. its a whole new ball game. now i was to hit the 10's in a fully built D
and ill do it.

but you will be more happier with the larger turbo. that dsm one your running now is for the birds
for the birds ehh? haha il def be gettin a bigger trobo then! just hope this one is still for sale when i get back home on wed. then il be working on gettting everything else together. and hopefully end up running a little faster then a 14.3 im at now haha.
what all are you running? WHP? tires? ect. i would like to know so i can possibly see what i can get with the stock motor. just trying to get somewere a little faster then slow

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
for the birds ehh? haha il def be gettin a bigger trobo then! just hope this one is still for sale when i get back home on wed. then il be working on gettting everything else together. and hopefully end up running a little faster then a 14.3 im at now haha.
what all are you running? WHP? tires? ect. i would like to know so i can possibly see what i can get with the stock motor. just trying to get somewere a little faster then slow
im running a bone stock z6 ... but arp head studs. act clutch. DSM blue tops. cast log manifold. and the .57 trim tuned on ECtUne @ 9 psi.

as for my trans. is a z6 tranny. with open diff

and my tires are actually road course radials but i swear by them.
their 205/50 r 15 Nitto nt-01 radials

i hope that helps shed some light on you

PLEASE REP ME!

Boost- The neck breaker

Quote:
91 Da9 special edition
Old 11-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

dang thats really good. gives me alot of hope. i would love to run 13.5's with a stock motor. not sure il get to the 13.1 your at but never know. thanks alot for all your info

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
669AWHP

Rep Power: 18 icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Send a message via AIM to icwicked Send a message via MSN to icwicked Send a message via Yahoo to icwicked

i think u should just get a retune and c what u can gte out of it... and if u didnt drive that thing everywhere, i would say run e85... thats just my .02 buddy!
icwicked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Thats not a 50 trim its a ebay 57 trim. I would say ind a 50trim or a little smaller for just a stock block. This is a street car your not gonna like the powerband coming from a 15g

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-ED-804 View Post
Thats not a 50 trim its a ebay 57 trim. I would say ind a 50trim or a little smaller for just a stock block. This is a street car your not gonna like the powerband coming from a 15g
oh. good call. sorry on the assumption. if it is a .57 trim. its the same size turbo im running... haha think i woulda knew that

PLEASE REP ME!

Boost- The neck breaker

Quote:
91 Da9 special edition
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
669AWHP

icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to icwicked Send a message via MSN to icwicked Send a message via Yahoo to icwicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-ED-804 View Post
ur so smart
Old 11-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icwicked View Post
i think u should just get a retune and c what u can gte out of it... and if u didnt drive that thing everywhere, i would say run e85... thats just my .02 buddy!
thats what i was thinking and still a little but i dont know if it will be worth my $300 bucks for the tune. man i just dont know. you know me todd i change my mind alot just not as much as your ass mister im parting out the car one day and the next talkin about no less then 500WHP hahaha

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
669AWHP

ya i was messin around about the parting somewhat.. but im stayin with it and i got a title comin so im good to go one the "beast" but idk man.. its ur call.. u need another car so u can make it faster.. i got brad talk into runnin e85 on his shit and hes going to b goign with a bigger turbo aswell
Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

if you only want 210ish, i say save your money and stick with teh 15g. 210 is easily attainable from that turbo. i made 213/215 with no tune, just by turning the boost controller up too much...lol. tuned it at 190/192. with 170/175, i ran a 14.009 with a 2.4 60ft.

GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
if you only want 210ish, i say save your money and stick with teh 15g. 210 is easily attainable from that turbo. i made 213/215 with no tune, just by turning the boost controller up too much...lol. tuned it at 190/192. with 170/175, i ran a 14.009 with a 2.4 60ft.
ya im kinda leaning back toward keeping the setup but not sure really how much more i can get out of myh 15g. its already at 9/10 psi and only 173whp.
but then i heard of guys gettin like 220 from a 15g. what are they doing to get that? def going to need a boost controller cause the wastegate actuator is almost maxed out. id say it could get 13-15 psi out of it. but then thats maxing it out? not sure of its efficiency at that high of boost! but i got a couple days till i get home to think i guess! and also like wicked said i need another car to have as a dd. mine has broken down enough and then im always stuck with no car and that sucks. and cant afford to drive big bad dads truck that sucks the gas down!.

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 dohc_zc_rex will become famous soon enoughdohc_zc_rex will become famous soon enoughdohc_zc_rex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dohc_zc_rex Send a message via Yahoo to dohc_zc_rex

john just get it retuned and make sure they make it to where u can use ur launch control
Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i love my gt35r z6
singlecamek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohc_zc_rex View Post
john just get it retuned and make sure they make it to where u can use ur launch control
at first i was like who the fuck are you and how do you know mr name? haha
then i saw that spray painted car and knew it was you brad! im undecided still so im not sure. but on another note.
hows my car? have you been driving it at all or is it still got the cover on it in the driveway?

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 dohc_zc_rex will become famous soon enoughdohc_zc_rex will become famous soon enoughdohc_zc_rex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dohc_zc_rex Send a message via Yahoo to dohc_zc_rex

still got the cover on it in the driveway those canards r doin a good job holdin the cover down hahahaha
Old 11-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
669AWHP

kuz we took the paint off of urs and put it on brads...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in