BigJ's Boost Build (mini baller build) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide
Default BigJ's Boost Build (mini baller build)

Well after reading, bothering, asking and doing so more reading and then a long drawn out AIM session......I've decided to leave the motor inside the car as is and concetrate on my spare D15B7 that I have sitting around.

It's gonna be a long year of buying shit so here's my shopping list.

Bisi Level 1.2 regrind (this will be on an D16A6 cam going in a B7 head)
Bisi valvespring and retainer kit
Go-Autoworks Tuner Kit ( Sorry John. What we discussed is just gonna take too many years for me to complete. I'm not that baller quite yet. I feel this kit is the proper step down for what I can afford. )
Standard bore Vitaras
ARP headstud
FJ custom length USDM 1.5 rods
3 angle valve job

There are some supplimentals that I will need to discuss with everyone like bearings, guides, seals ect ect. But I feel this is gonna be (more than) enough to reach my safe 250whp goal for this motor. I'd love to discuss more with you guys and I'm very serious about doing this the right way. It may take a while but other than my daughter and my gf, this is the most important thing to me. And it will recieve as much time and money as it will need.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 11-20-2008 at 09:26 AM.
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

This is gonna be the place to get into great detail let us know whats on your mind we will lead you down the path to turbo bliss. Do you have a motor guy yet because some of these things will be determined by him like bearings and all that good stuff. But if you havent found one investigate the hell out of them ask them questions see if they have dealt with honda ask others who they have used. This will eliminate some bullshit for you as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

cant wait for pics!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 dirty-d is learning the way of the Ddirty-d is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

if i were you. i would save myself some cash and get delta 272 regrind
since your only wanting a safe 250hp
dirty-d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

the bisi cam for the A6 is rather cheap 229

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Well shit. The retainers off the list is gonna save me another $340. lol but yeah, the bisi regrind is only $229 and it's actually gonna go in my repeat of bones D15Beast7 build thats already in the car. I'm sending the cam out after x-mas. Gotta get some presents bought before I start buying parts.

'm in the midst of looking for a good builder here in the Nati. I hear way too many horror stories though from some of the local shops ripping people off and shit. I'm wondering how much of this motor I'll be able to put together by myself.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 dirty-d is learning the way of the Ddirty-d is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

damm never knew bisimoto was that cheap..
dirty-d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sounds like a solid build, can't wait to see some progress.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty-d View Post
damm never knew bisimoto was that cheap..
I wouldn't call $229 cheap for a regrind. Exospeed has some cheaper grinds I think but I really really like what Bisi has put out on the streets. Impressive numbers and great quality. I wish I could afford one of his short block packages.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ask Bone for a good machinist in the area, i think he lives in Cincinnati too, but i am not a big enough E-stalker to know for sure.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Yeah, he lives close by. I think he delivers Vet meds or something like that to a Vet right by my apartment. It's kinda scary to know someone online is that close to me. ewww. But until he chimes in (doubtful) I can't get in touch with him. I havent figured out the secret to getting him to answer a PM. I know a few people in town but they're all gonna tell me to B swap before I do anything else. There are ALOT of clean B build in Cinci.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Hey if need be J bring that shit down here my boy will get it done for a good price if you cant find someone you trust just let me know your not that terribly far for a weekend trip

Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....Importfan1 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Importfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Yeah, he lives close by. I think he delivers Vet meds or something like that to a Vet right by my apartment. It's kinda scary to know someone online is that close to me. ewww. But until he chimes in (doubtful) I can't get in touch with him. I havent figured out the secret to getting him to answer a PM. I know a few people in town but they're all gonna tell me to B swap before I do anything else. There are ALOT of clean B build in Cinci.
Its hard at times to get him to answer but I didnt have any issues b/c I was doing business with him. Are you on CSR or CSS? I would post there and see if anyone answers.

( updated 3/10/09 )

( updated 11/24/12 )
Importfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-ED-804 View Post
Hey if need be J bring that shit down here my boy will get it done for a good price if you cant find someone you trust just let me know your not that terribly far for a weekend trip
Yeah I got like 1 week of vaca left until 4/20/09 then I get another 2 weeks. I can make good use outt that time. Build engine then visit mom in Alexandria.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Yeah I got like 1 week of vaca left until 4/20/09 then I get another 2 weeks. I can make good use outt that time. Build engine then visit mom in Alexandria.
Dual purpose there ya go now you just hope that you dont need an over bore if so I have other resources to get another motor or something get it put together and you can scoop it up

Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-ED-804 View Post
Dual purpose there ya go now you just hope that you dont need an over bore if so I have other resources to get another motor or something get it put together and you can scoop it up
I'll find out if it will need an over bore. God I don't wanna go bigger than 75.5 if I have to. I have a freind who's the nephew of the owner of Smyth Automotive, I'm gonna give him a ring and see what he thinks. he works in the machine shop.......last time I checked.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hi hater!

75.5 should do you just fine nice fresh walls but they will need the pistons to do it

Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Grrr. God I hope i can stay standard. but if need be. the 75.5 vitaras will be fine. I'm gonna get a look at the motor tomorrow. It's sitting in my buddies garage. He has a spare engin stand and I live in a second floor apt. Not fun hauling a head and then a block up and down steps and I aint buyin a f'n engine stand just yet.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hi hater!

The motor shop will tell you whats best as long as there is no major scarring of the walls or anything crazy like that standard should be ok

Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Shit..Grayland (my friend) works for a company that builds these baller ass yachts for rich folks over seas. he's built some pretty nice Type R heads and some fully built GSR's. I'll have him take a look when he gets back in town. Ha. he's got alift in his garage too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in