Nitrous y7 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Nitrous y7

So, im about to order a nitrous kit from zex, 55-75 hp, 4-6 cyl. EFI Wet Nitrous System, im going to go ahead and invest in the racers tuner kit that comes with pressure guage, purge kit, bottle heater, window switch, and saftey blowdown tube etc..., i think im going to have a 75 shot, i also think im going to have my cam sent to delta to get there n2o regrind??

i need a little help with the rest i really want a realiable build, should i go with the zex spark pulgs or others, what kind of head work should i get done(springs, valves, retainers...etc) and what rods and pistons should i go with(compression..)?? and does anyone know anything about blockguards, im interested in the blox racing blockguard from passwordjdm, and what guages should i get to help me monitor stuff...

i have the nos kit plus an extra 600$$
EricisSilver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via Yahoo to HNFTuning

boom.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HNFTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

haha, my spirit just got roasted..

Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

if youre going 75shot the zex plugs are a must. if youre going all out on rods and pistons why not just go boost? tells us what motor and mods u have so far and we'll be able to help more.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

its y7 with ebay header and short ram intake, a ws2 exhaust is being shipped, i dont really want to go all out but i just want it reliable...for the most part
Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

going reliable with a FI car is all out haha. rods and pistons are in ur future. no need for any head work. and no need to sleeve. make sure ur tps voltage (.45dcv) and timing are dead on before u get the switch though
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

compression doesnt really matter other than what gas you want to use when you dd it. basically your going to need to run race gas with anything over a 50shot any way to be safe. also i use 1 heat range colder autolites just the basic resistor style plug. any good forges piston and rod will do fine. also if you want to run this on the street and not have to run race gas look into a nitrous enrichment tank. i have one on my srt4 its basically a tank that has a separtate pump and lines for your nitrous system as a standalone component and you can run race gas through it instead of in your normal gas tank everytime you want to spray. as for a cam any good na cam that doesnt have too much over lap will work well with nitrous. im going to run a cold fusion nitrous kit on my g1teg after i build it. im going with the vitara build with fjt rods and a custom 16g turbo kit im building. with about a 100shot on a cold fusion progressive contoller and enrichment tank im making its 1gal and im going to fill it with q16 race gas.
d_money is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

its one of two dds, so i probably need to stick with a 55 shot
Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

i just want a street car thats fairly reliable and can beat mustangs and gsr's..etc something around a low 14 in the quarter
Old 11-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
if youre going 75shot the zex plugs are a must. if youre going all out on rods and pistons why not just go boost? tells us what motor and mods u have so far and we'll be able to help more.
Hate to shoot you down, but at 100 shot ZEX plugs are not needed.

Some here have a ZEX background that was backed by ZEX man.......what is your knowledge based on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricisSilver View Post
i just want a street car thats fairly reliable and can beat mustangs and gsr's..etc something around a low 14 in the quarter
Yeah, hard to slow a Z6 down to run low 14's.............

13.97 on first pass with ZEX 55 shot on slicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
A step or two colder can make the job without paying for zex plugs.

Like said, basic bolt-on could help a lot more, header/exhaust, y8 intake manifold with cai or short ram. y7 has 200mm clutch disk, it might slip quickly, well, an upgrade should be nice. Fuel pump and maybe bigger injectors depending the tuning, y7 has puny 190cc.

What is your tuning on that ? The boom level is 'set' by the quality of the tuning.

IMHO, why not making a complete y8 swap with transmission, it will cost about what you're paying for the nitrous kit, y8 with bolt on will be much faster than stock y7, reliable and safer, no fuckin' refill. And if your heart still tell you 'faster' put the nitrous kit on this setup, you will get better results.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Last edited by Belette; 11-16-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in