s2000 oil filter - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default s2000 oil filter

my local shop sold me s2000 filter because they say its better for turbo cars. the seals are the exact same on both oem filters. the filter is noticeably bigger. wondering if anyone else has used s2000 oil filter for our engines? just by looking at the size difference im worried about there not being enough room for installation.
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
bwah ha ha ha ha

Rep Power: 22 vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to vtecencrx

It will fit just fine, the filter on it when it was new is the same size....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

____myspace >>>>

1986 crx Si gonzo
1988 crx hf d15b vtec gonzo
1991 civic Dx a6 cam
1991 crx Si a6 w/d15b intake & exhaust mani

105.5 whp @ 5,539 rpm @ Blueridge Motorsports
vtecencrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

you got bopped. it's really not worth it, unless you got it for less then $2.50 (cheapest I've seen filters).

Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

new school/s2000/mitsu filter

you want the mistu filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

thats what i run. works fine.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 OneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Levi are you referring to using the Mitsu or S2000 filter?
OneCam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCam View Post
Levi are you referring to using the Mitsu or S2000 filter?
sorry, s2k filter. I bought a case of them not long ago and use them on all 3 cars.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to HNFTuning

For what its worth the newer Nissan maxima/350z oil filters will fit Hondas to. I put these on several B-series and it resulted in vtec hitting better. Smaller filter though. I even used one on a D16y8 and made a very noticable difference in vtecs crossover. He went from not knowing it was there to wanting to know why his car sounded different. Oil pressure change did it I guess. I used to work at Valvoline Oil Change and experimented a few times. i ran the newer TSX filters on my LS swap.

HNFTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 OneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Nice. Once I'm done breaking in my motor the S2k will be the only one my car sees.
OneCam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

I´m running s2k filter on my car

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

I am actually going to be switching to a different filter here after cutting open a s2k filter and comparing it to a nippon filter. the nippon is the smaller filter, it has larger holes inside and the filter element seems to look a little better after 3000 miles. not to mention the cost is $3.50 each. I have used these before but for the most part I was just buying the oem s2k filters because i was getting a good deal on them.

It is part number 15400-PLM-A01

I wish I had my camera when the filters were cut open.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

your not cutting open new filters are you??
Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
your not cutting open new filters are you??
nope

Old 11-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

make sure its the one thats made in japan ( Toyo Roki and Tennex ).
they have the better media paper inside than the ones made in Canada and USA.
Canada and USA ones are basically a restamped fram filter.
but for the price of $6.15 retail for the s2000 filters, you can go with something like a Bosch or stp filter that is a much better filter and cost less.
best filters are the mobile-1, and amsoil filters. but not much better than the bosch / stp filters. mobile-1 and amsoil filters go for around 11 bucks.
Bosch and stp around $5.00
i run Bosch in mine
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmaster1 View Post
make sure its the one thats made in japan ( Toyo Roki and Tennex ).
they have the better media paper inside than the ones made in Canada and USA.
Canada and USA ones are basically a restamped fram filter.
but for the price of $6.15 retail for the s2000 filters, you can go with something like a Bosch or stp filter that is a much better filter and cost less.
best filters are the mobile-1, and amsoil filters. but not much better than the bosch / stp filters. mobile-1 and amsoil filters go for around 11 bucks.
Bosch and stp around $5.00
i run Bosch in mine
i ran mobile 1 one time, and i was quite satisfied with the results.. one thing i did notice was on the package it said it elliminates "dry starts", and i noticed that as soon as i turned the key, i had instant oil pressure, but when using the fram, it takes about 2-3 sec before my oil pressure guage jumps up.. so i can say from personal exp. that mobile 1 is a great filter.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

the mobile-1, stp, and Bosch filters also have a stiffer spring than the oem filters to help prevent leakage and bypass under high pressure.
really for the money you cant go wrong with the stp filter
Old 11-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

After metal shavings in my Mobil-1 filters(yes, plural), I'll be sticking with Wix or Bosch. There were a bunch more on the shelves with metal shavings from the threading. I checked another Advance Auto about 100mi away and they had the same shavings. Don't know if they still have that issue.

It's not bad, you can pretty much pull out the shavings, but this type of quality issue is unacceptable IMO. I pretty much bought one with the least amount of shavings in it, but the other ones had thick shavings.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

this thread needs to be merged with the other oil filter thread
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 zccrxsi will become famous soon enoughzccrxsi will become famous soon enoughzccrxsi will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

shit i have been running kia filters since i worked at a kia dealership
zccrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNFTuning View Post
For what its worth the newer Nissan maxima/350z oil filters will fit Hondas to. I put these on several B-series and it resulted in vtec hitting better. Smaller filter though. I even used one on a D16y8 and made a very noticable difference in vtecs crossover. He went from not knowing it was there to wanting to know why his car sounded different. Oil pressure change did it I guess. I used to work at Valvoline Oil Change and experimented a few times. i ran the newer TSX filters on my LS swap.
I'm realy glad I came across this post while searching. Solved the VTEC fluctuation issue I got when I started boosting. now my engine pulls smooth all the way to redline.

Last edited by uptownsamcv; 10-12-2013 at 07:04 AM.
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in