Ceramic coating - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6
Default Ceramic coating

wondering where i can get my log mani and dp ect coated for a good price......

btw in nj

also not sure if in the right area but didnt think it fell under eng building.... i dunno

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

ttt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

googled: http://www.johnsonspowdercoating.com/cc/index.htm

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

gerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Anyone local that powder coats can probably help you with this . also that way there no shipping

には、専用スポーツペダル、専用カーボン調パネル
I don't hate you...I just like it better when you're not around.

link to TV commercial

link DIY custom armrests

gerry mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry mulligan View Post
Anyone local that powder coats can probably help you with this . also that way there no shipping
I don't think there's a "powdercoat" that could withstand turbo mani temps. My 2 cents is http://www.swaintech.com/
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
thats what im hoping for....ie no shipping

but powder only withstands up to lik 600 deg
and that wont cut it for boost temps wish it would tho) i actually thought about buying the kit from eastwood

Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
I don't think there's a "powdercoat" that could withstand turbo mani temps. My 2 cents is http://www.swaintech.com/
sent them a email for a price.....have you had work done by them?

rought est if so?

Old 11-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

gerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
most powder coaters also do hi-temp ceramic coating

http://hy-tecpowdercoating.com/

には、専用スポーツペダル、専用カーボン調パネル
I don't hate you...I just like it better when you're not around.

link to TV commercial

link DIY custom armrests

Last edited by gerry mulligan; 11-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.
gerry mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
most powder coaters also do hi-temp ceramic coating

http://hy-tecpowdercoating.com/
doesnt say a temp rating unless im missing it

Old 11-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

VHT flameproof.... have had my header sprayed with this stuff for almost 6 months and it looks as good as day one.and only cost 11 bucks a can just an idea

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi View Post
VHT flameproof.... have had my header sprayed with this stuff for almost 6 months and it looks as good as day one.and only cost 11 bucks a can just an idea
will that keep temps down...i mean shit im down with diy......its what i do paint work/body work ect so 11 bucks is nice hell even 22 for 2 cans......and where do you get like autozone?

Old 11-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
will that keep temps down...i mean shit im down with diy......its what i do paint work/body work ect so 11 bucks is nice hell even 22 for 2 cans......and where do you get like autozone?
I had gotten mine for a speed shop but ive seen it at auto zone ...if you do go it direction follow the directions

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi View Post
I had gotten mine for a speed shop but ive seen it at auto zone ...if you do go it direction follow the directions
ya ill prob get it blasted first if i go this route

good looks!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i think that stuff just makes it look pretty, but doesnt help for heat temps.

have you thought about header wrap? ive wrapped my hand around a turbo header of a running car with this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

I check around and see if i can find someone local for ya.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

High heat with ceramic! Up to 1200 intermittently...maybe worth a shot?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
i think that stuff just makes it look pretty, but doesnt help for heat temps.

have you thought about header wrap? ive wrapped my hand around a turbo header of a running car with this stuff.
+1

thats what i used. it makes for a very noticeable drop in under hood temps but wrapping it around a log manifold can be a pita.

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 redline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to allredline7500 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:

I tried that stuff on my old 4-1 header it looks like crap i even followed the oven bake cure process then put it on the car and cycled it rust all over it I am going to try the vht when I go to do it again. Just got to get access to a sand blaster to clean it again. I used it on the exhaust on my other car turned out nice if i wasn't using a ssac mani that needs repair every once in awhile i would lay some on it as well
redline7500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhatch View Post
I check around and see if i can find someone local for ya.
thanks!

Quote:

ya thats mainly for the block and head....like it will not chip/peel if it hits 1200 like once lol but on a header i wouldnt trust......good looks tho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jew View Post
+1

thats what i used. it makes for a very noticeable drop in under hood temps but wrapping it around a log manifold can be a pita.
ya thats what i was useing on my ss-autocrap but was ust wanting to clean up the eng bay a bit more.... i think im gonna do black for the color...the shiny shit dont impress me.....maybe for the compressor housing but i dont know if i want to take it apart again...i might just get it a blanket........I think im going to wrap my charge piping tho to hopefully drop my iat a bit..along with a cryo2 intercooler sprayer

Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

jet hot type heat barrier coating with a diy price

https://www.caswellplating.com/aids/...x.html#exhaust
naterpatater77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in