Kteller Catback 2.5 exhaust - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Frodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Default Kteller Catback 2.5 exhaust

Anyone ever used there exhaust? Thinking about getting their 2.5 kit for my hatch. Since the shops around here will not do it without a kit or at least two 16 resonators. So to my understanding its a bolt up 2.5 with no resonators and no muffler but there all flanged and have the hangers?
Product in question.
http://store.kteller.biz/product.asp...D=188&P_ID=342
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Frodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to allFrodo is a name known to all

wow no comments...hum.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I don't remember who it was, but someone wasn't happy with Kteller. It wasn't the product, it was the service and speed (or lack there of). Kteller supposedly gets his stuff from http://www.vrsexhaust.com/index.html. They don't list catbacks for Honda's, but they do have mandrel bent tubing kits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I don't remember who it was, but someone wasn't happy with Kteller. It wasn't the product, it was the service and speed (or lack there of). Kteller supposedly gets his stuff from http://www.vrsexhaust.com/index.html. They don't list catbacks for Honda's, but they do have mandrel bent tubing kits.
Greg told me that is where Kteller gets it from too. There is a guy in town that has one on his k20 ek but I don't know him, just of him.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....

It seems like a good deal. I've been wondering what it would cost to have someone weld up a system with one of their 2 1/2" kits. My problem is I really want stainless, so it'll need to be TIGed. I also figured out was actually fairly expensive by the time you add a resonator, muffler, and tip into it. You ought to be able to put together an aluminized system for a decent price if you don't go crazy on a muffler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

well see I just want the piping then to a universal Buddy club I have. I don't want any back pressure : )
Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Friend of the D

That's right you're boosted. You don't need a resonator at all probably. Are you thinking about a full 3" system?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Well I am keeping ac so biggest downpipe is a 2.5 so I think a 2.5 exhaust would be good.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Friend of the D

I understand perfectly. That's why I was thinking about a 2 1/2" system. If I were to boost my EJ8, I would have to keep the AC! It shouldn't be too bad getting someone to weld up a system like that for you.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Restricted account

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

for the price though....not bad.

I can get a 2.5 with a high flow cat, and a muffler for around $250 from my local muffler shop...why get a name brand when its all the same material...one might be chrome but...heck its beneath the car
brizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

im going with a VRS kit on my car when i finally get everything ready. For 125 you cant beat it
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

I go brand name for quality but...................honestly I've had custom systems on my old coupe and my lude and it really doesn't matter. I had a dual DTM style on my 92 lude that looked absolutely sick!!! and a straight through n-1 style on my coupe that looked ghey!!! both performed great. I got them both welded on for $150 after buying the mufflers on ebay for like$75 each. You can't go wrong.

I just feel like doing this car in a way I'
ve never done before. It's fun to spend money. lol And I've always wanted the slanted n1 since high school.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 06:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

i recently bought a kteller exhaust kit for a hatchback in 2.5". i received it in about a week. the exhaust shop had to do some slight bends and cut a little off the end to make room for my oval magnflow muffler but it sounds fine. i can get some pictures if you want. might be kinda tough getting some under the car pics. i recently just bought the 2.5" greddy downpipe from them also. still waiting on that to get here though. its been about 3 days so far
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 07:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yeah pics would be nice. Overall how would you rate the system? As far as quality and such.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D

quality looked good to me. after all, its tubing. i would say the fitment is 95% bolt on simply cause the exhaust shop had to make a couple bends and cut a little off the end for my muffler.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i have there 2.5 kit on my ef hatch. it took a while to get to boston as most parts do. i am 100% satisified with the quality and fitment. the same kit is used for sedan/hatch/crx so you sould ecpect ot cut/fit. i had mine done at a local exhaust shop. came with clamps, hangers and flanges. i used a magnaflow muffler with a 22" maganaflow resiginiator and a 2.5 carsound/magnaflow high flow cat. sounds great, couldet of been happier. but once i added it all up i did spend a pretty penny.

muffler

the only part of my kit that wasent mandrel bends was the muffler outlets, the guy at the exhaust shop made them perfectly by eye. dual 2" outlets

flex section for downpipe

catflow cat in the middle. i did not use this pipe kit for the exhaust
SQ is the SQUAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

later tonight i will get that vid i promised of my newly installed setup all from kteller. 2.5" downpipe, test pipe, exhaust, magnaflow oval muffler.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

it was me. there service SUCKS. i waited forever, they wouldnt pick phone calls up. wouldnt return calls. nothing. I had to call the people they get the exhuast from to see if my order was even placed, tons of shit. and to end it all 2 months after paying...He says,Oh it was shipped somewhere else. it could be months before we can get it back, this an that.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...hlight=kteller

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

I missed this thread when it first came out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
My problem is I really want stainless, so it'll need to be TIGed.
Not true. You can MIG 304 stainless all day long if your welder can get hot enough. I do it all the time with my 110-volt Lincoln WP-100 welder.

Looks like Kteller is a ripoff. Much cheaper to get it straight from VRS. I did. Made the 92-00 Civic 3" tubing kit fit my 7th gen. Works like a charm and their shipping was fast.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in