Lol i think i found my problem. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Lol i think i found my problem.

well most of u know i have a fully built and boosted z6. tt rods, vitara pistons. running a small t3 turbo. theres lots more details but they are not necessary. i have noticed over the past few weeks that i seem to be losing power in the upper rpms. anything past about 4500 rpm it seemed to die down. i couldnt seem to find the problem and i wasnt that worried becasue i was parking it. and it is now parked. so i have been ripping it appart becasue i am upgrading a bunch of stuff over the winter

so i removed the manifold today so i could heat wrap it. and to my suprise i found this......

what suprised me the most is that i was even making boost. the car would still make 10 psi no problem. and i didnt see it drop in the higher rpms. it still ran fine. idled well. everything. oh well upgrade time.

THIS IS WHY U DONT BUY EBAY MANIFOLDS. EVEN IF THEY ARE BRACED THEY WILL BREAK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 vadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

wow... i will never buy ebay crap...
thanks for sharing
vadimqwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Mine cracked in the same place.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

damn....so whats goin in its place?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1 SCRAPPIN View Post
damn....so whats goin in its place?
ya, wuts the plan? ramhorn so you can retain the same d.p.?

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....

lol dont get me wrong it served me well for about 6 months. and i bought it used. the guy had it for a few months before me. so in perspective i payed about 40 bucks for this. lasted about 8 months. great starting point. but for a lasting product u do not want it. talk to greg at go autoworks for some quality product. speaking of that..... i need to send a pm.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
ya, wuts the plan? ramhorn so you can retain the same d.p.?
this is what i need to find out right now. i need a manifold that will retain the same mounting point for the turbo in order to reuse my DP. i am gonna talk to greg to see what he can do for me. i dont think i can afford a ramhorn. but we will see.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Lucky the turbo just didn't fall off! LOL
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

yeah, a cracked manifold doesnt mean you wont build boost, it just means that it will take a lil longer to reach your boost level/ and the turbo will just continue to spool to keep the boost up, which your wastegate will be closed the whole time, over working your turbo to keep the pressure up..

that would have been the first thing i would have checked.. the ss auto crap

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

lol ya all the cracking is on the back of the mounting flange. no soot or anything visible from the front of the manifold. and no cracking near the black flange. it cracked everywhere i couldnt see.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Mine did the exact same thing. Was harder to tell for me because I already had it heat wrapped...

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

lol i made full boost on my 57trim on my stocker z6 withthis monster leak lol yah it had a bit of turbo lag

ssauto you get what you pay for and all that is is a headache..

also never use felpro exhuast gasket use the oem honda metal ones

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

bump for anyone thinking about a ssautocrap mani.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 neek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatnessneek175 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunktastic View Post
bump for anyone thinking about a ssautocrap mani.
Yeh those things are trash. Had the same experience myself. But now I have the cast unit i purchased off of ebay and its a pretty decent mani. Might be an option for ya.

Adrenaline tuned

Full boost passes to come
neek175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 brandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

dang that sucks so im guessing your looking for a quality one now right

brandenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Thanks for sharing!

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....

What a great set of pics to show noobs to when they post up their ebay turbo kit links!

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Hey man, hopefully the one I sent out to you will get you by for a bit. If your exhaust stuff sits in a semi-stock place the DP enclosed in the box will bolt right up

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

actually the stuff u sent out to me mostly went towards building my friends car. unfortunatly. it was a project we are workin on for him. i took the intercooler and piping. liked it better then my stuff. but turbo/mani/dp was all for him. i didnt know it was cracked till we started putting his together. figures. great stuff though that u sent me. i was very happy. did we ever set up an i trader? we need to do that. positive rep is in order for everyone.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

No, we didn't do an iTrader thing. Just click it under my name there on the (22) and go from there.

Might need to trim that one i/c pipe to get it to squeeze in a bit more or just streach the bumper skin around it like I did lol

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in