Fjt or crower? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Fjt or crower?

Hey guys I gots a question for yall.I understand that the crower rods requier block notching but i hear that they are fjt rods that fit perfectly.whats you guys feelings on the subject.im really nerves about cutting into my block ive never done it before and their isnt alot of people hear in anchorage that know how to do it.

i just thought this one is funny
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 martirw is learning the way of the Dmartirw is learning the way of the D

best thing talk to fjt make sure u dont need to notch with his...
martirw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D

oh damn dude i thought that fjt were a company lol. how come crower doesnt just make them the right legnthjt

Old 11-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

crower makes them stronger for any application. they have you notch the block for fitment. if they made them smaller to fit they would probably not be as strong
apekd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Your comparing a $300 rod to a $800 rod for the sake of notching?

Notching the block really isn't difficult at all and takes about 20-30 minutes.
I don't know if the Crower I beam requires notching, or if fjt's I beam require notching, but I defintiely wouldn't let that be the determining factor in my rod decision.

For the $500 difference you could buy the air compressor, air tool, grinding bit, a sharpie, a bunch of brakleen...and still have about $100 left.

Just my opinion...maybe I'm just tired and cranky right now
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

oh ok kool.but im going with hbeams and cp's.i wanna go with vitaras but i hear you get really bad piston slap.plus it makes your shit sound like a schoolbus
Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!

I haven't seen an HBeam with ARP2000s that doesn't require notching. (not saying there isn't one, I just can't think of one)
Old 11-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Si View Post
Hey guys I gots a question for yall.I understand that the crower rods requier block notching but i hear that they are fjt rods that fit perfectly.whats you guys feelings on the subject.im really nerves about cutting into my block ive never done it before and their isnt alot of people hear in anchorage that know how to do it.

i just thought this one is funny

is your engine a d16? a
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

well the reason why im doing that is because I DONT KNOW!! im not trying to be a dick man trust me.im just nerves abot cutting into my block.ive never done it before.ive and its alot easyer said then done.i have never opeaned up a motor before so yeahhhhh yeah its a d16z6 in a 94 del sol si.

Last edited by krychek57; 12-01-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Mr.Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
well the reason why im doing that is because I DONT KNOW!! im not trying to be a dick man trust me.im just nerves abot cutting into my block.ive never done it before.ive and its alot easyer said then done.i have never opeaned up a motor before so yeahhhhh
When the motor is completely taken apart and you have the block sitting bare on the stand it will be alot clearer as to what you need to do. Go to endynes websight, I beleive they have a pretty clear write up on there. www.theoldone.com should be it.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 martirw is learning the way of the Dmartirw is learning the way of the D

fjt is the way br0
martirw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
yeah its a d16z6 in a 94 del sol si.

i work with fj, and i'm checking with him whether the block needs notching or not....

k, just got his text.

yes, it requires notching of the block. but unlike other brands, fj h rods doesn't require additional notch work at the crank girdle.

hope it answered your question.

for any other question on our products, feel free to send us pm

or email us at [email protected]

[email protected]

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

side note, its not piston slap, its the wrist pin design if I remember correctly, and besides that, the noise subsides after your engine is warmed up

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

concerning the schoolbus noise with the vitaras (lol!), yes there's a noticeable noise. but like everything, noise will not be a nuissance in a couple of weeks. besides the benefits on having vitaras surpasses any noise complaint, lol.

if you decide to go with vitaras, i must suggest to get fj i beams. these will get the vitara pistons to zero deck.

Quote:

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

Old 11-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

On the D16 engines the FJ R SPEC rods require notching of the block but no notching of the girdle..

Any other aftermarket rod that you get will require notching of the block and most likelly notching of the girdle..atleast Eagle and SCAT do.. i dunno about CROWER but again.. why the heck spend 700+ on a rod when you have one much cheaper that will do the job..

With 700 dollars you can buy a d16 block($150), a complete set of vitara pistons and Forged I beam rods ($425 for the comb) and a set of ARP head studs($100).. there you have a 450+whp block setup with what cost you just a set of CROWERS...
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

damn thanks guys.this does take away alot some stress about notching.im found the turbo i want its a t3/t40e it should get me to my 300/350 goal.going with the mini ram also.i cant waite to hear my bov.ahhhhhhh

yeah im getting a block guard also.people say they are not needed but i have a buddy that had one hell of a y8 and he said teh block gurad does give a better pice of mind.im also going with the zex cam and head set.i think its the 59300.

Last edited by krychek57; 12-01-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Mr.Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
El Noob

Rep Power: 27 LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to LoSt GhoSt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjt View Post
On the D16 engines the FJ R SPEC rods require notching of the block but no notching of the girdle..

Any other aftermarket rod that you get will require notching of the block and most likelly notching of the girdle..atleast Eagle and SCAT do.. i dunno about CROWER but again.. why the heck spend 700+ on a rod when you have one much cheaper that will do the job..

With 700 dollars you can buy a d16 block($150), a complete set of vitara pistons and Forged I beam rods ($425 for the comb) and a set of ARP head studs($100).. there you have a 450+whp block setup with what cost you just a set of CROWERS...
X2. Listen to the man. I have a set of his old rods. Great rods. Id get his and save up on cash.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Quote:
damn thanks guys.this does take away alot some stress about notching.im found the turbo i want its a t3/t40e it should get me to my 300/350 goal.going with the mini ram also.i cant waite to hear my bov.ahhhhhhh

check us out at www.fjdistributors.com . we have the best prices on bullseye-power turbos. also check fjt's new threed at d-series affiliates for the announcement on our new turbo kit!

Quote:

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

Old 11-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

FJ I beams + vitaras FTW!!! Im running them. Wouldnt go with anything else.
Celestial Rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Quote:
yeah im getting a block guard also.people say they are not needed but i have a buddy that had one hell of a y8 and he said teh block gurad does give a better pice of mind.im also going with the zex cam and head set.i think its the 59300.

you can go zex or hit us up for bisimoto cams. we're authorized dealers on bisimoto engineering products.

we're trying to organize a group buy on bisimoto products.

maybe you will be interested in being there.

Quote:

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in