Where to go from here? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Where to go from here?

i have greddy 15g kit on 5 psi emanage. I want more power. I am at a standstill right now not knowing what parts to buy next before i take it to the tuner. I want to have everything ready to go before i get there. I already have dsm 450's w/ resistor box waiting to be installed. my setup as of right now consist of: greddy 15g turbo kit, dsm BOV, mishimoto IC, 5 psi emanage, 2.5" Kteller test pipe and exhaust.
95civicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 zccrxsi will become famous soon enoughzccrxsi will become famous soon enoughzccrxsi will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

bump the boost to 10psi, not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned
zccrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zccrxsi View Post
bump the boost to 10psi, not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned
uh....

drive the car to the tuner, take off the emanage pos, install the 450s, have the tuner chip your ecu to run crome (or whatever program), up the boost and tune.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GreyGoose; 11-10-2008 at 04:53 PM.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 JAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respect

EMANAGE FTL. get a crome,ectune,ect. get a tune(shop or self tune if you know how to) bump up the boost.
JAVIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

^^ im with these guys. my 15g setup did 8 psi on the stock injectors on 85% duty. ran really well for a street tune. but since you already got 450s, put them in, get a boost controller, and maybe a map sensor. ive heard that turbo runs well on 14 psi

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D

i didnt think i needed a boost controller?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
wow your a noob for sure...
first like seomone said before get a chipped ecu such as chrome like he said or hondata is what i went with. depending on your budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicsi View Post
i didnt think i needed a boost controller?
depending on what boost you end up gettin tuned on you will not need a boost controller. my 15g is at 10psi with just the waste gate actuator. no boost controller.

but most and formost get rid of the emanage. if you really wanna utalize the power of the 15g get a real tune. you will be so much happier with the quickness of your car and with a real tune your motor will prolly last much longer.
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

^^ i adjusted the shit out of my WGA and i couldnt get more than 8 out of mine. i said get a boost controller to run 14psi. 14psi on that turbo should put you around 200 i would think. and 200 is fun and if its well tuned it should last a while. only problem i would see is needing headstuds.

all you need is just a hallman or a DIY boost controller. i personally havent had any luck with the colorful ebay units.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

As mentioned there's much better options out there for you than emanage! After the injectors and the map sensor, I personally would also upgrade to a 2.5" downpipe. The greddy elbow off the turbo is a really funky design and is really restricting. It would complement well with your 2.5" exhaust. After that just add more boost and get it tuned!
Nutella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

yep get crome or somthing like it,and crank the boost and get tuned. you will love it.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbohatch10 View Post
^^ i adjusted the shit out of my WGA and i couldnt get more than 8 out of mine. i said get a boost controller to run 14psi. 14psi on that turbo should put you around 200 i would think. and 200 is fun and if its well tuned it should last a while. only problem i would see is needing headstuds.

all you need is just a hallman or a DIY boost controller. i personally havent had any luck with the colorful ebay units.
o def need a controller to get 14 out of it. but mine still has a little left in the wastegate itself. but i wasnt putting your post down by any means. just lettin him know that he might not need one. just out of my experience with 10psi out of mine. when i just put it on with a boost controller on it and i drove it untuned with it turned down all the way it would still hit 10psi. and he should be able to easily get 200whp with that setup. mine is 173. with not the bust tune. its tuned a little rich just for safety cause the motor at that time was stock with 150k on it. and was tuned in 2nd cause stock clutch was gettin fried in 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
As mentioned there's much better options out there for you than emanage! After the injectors and the map sensor, I personally would also upgrade to a 2.5" downpipe. The greddy elbow off the turbo is a really funky design and is really restricting. It would complement well with your 2.5" exhaust. After that just add more boost and get it tuned!
gettin the bigger DP def helps alot. and your most def right about the elbow being really restrictive. you dont have enough post to buy or sell on here yet but once you have enough i know go-autoworks sells ported elbows got the greddy 15g. they arent cheap but will most likely help a ton.

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbohatch10 View Post
and maybe a map sensor.
would i need one if i dont go over 10 psi? i would rather just stay under 10 psi being i have 175k miles and reliability is an issue. plus i would not have to buy a boost controller.

so far, i have as listed parts i still need to purchase: phearable ecu for my setup, 2.5" downpipe, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
would i need one if i dont go over 10 psi? i would rather just stay under 10 psi being i have 175k miles and reliability is an issue. plus i would not have to buy a boost controller.

so far, i have as listed parts i still need to purchase: phearable ecu for my setup, 2.5" downpipe, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge.
no you will not need a map sensor!
my motor is completely stock besides arps. that is something you might think about getting. not sure if you will need them but your stock head bolts may not be strong enough. might get some head lift. but might not. you will not needa map sensor unless you go to like 12psi. but how much boost the map sensor can hold will change from different people you ask. for instance my buddy's car over boosted from 12 and hit 18psi and just pulled and pulled and nothing happened to the map sensor and no CEL.

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

manual boost controller to raise the boost

ARP headstunds to take care of headlift at higher psi

chip ecu with crome ectune/ or buy hondata s300 bring it to your tuner and have fun smoking vettes

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

Quote:

ya with crome i dont think you can go over 11 with stock map if you have the extra features turned on. but reliably i wouldnt run more than that on stock map. i have a buddy that runs 28 psi on his stock map on his built h22. you should see his fuel tables. lol. but he's also an idiot.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

do i need to purchase a new oem o2 sensor also? what are the exact autometer boost gauge and oil pressure gauge people are using? there are so many to pick from i do not know which one is the best to use?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
do i need to purchase a new oem o2 sensor also? what are the exact autometer boost gauge and oil pressure gauge people are using? there are so many to pick from i do not know which one is the best to use?
no you dont. you can just turn off the o2 sensor when in crome, its what i did. i just used the autometer pro comp boost gauge...they all work the same pretty much.

i made 213 with just a 2.5 inch exhaust, dsm 450s, and autoworks fmic kit at 14-15psi and NO tuning. my tuner said it would have made 230 easy. had it tuned very very very conservative at 12ish psi and made 190/191.

i am going with the greddy kit again for my new build. plans are 250+. i have a greddy mani flanged for an external wastegate to hold boost all the way(had problems like 90% of greddy users with the internal wastegate not holding boost), 15g that is being sent in for a 19t upgrade, autoworks 2.5inch downpipe, 450s, fmic.

GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
no you dont. you can just turn off the o2 sensor when in crome, its what i did. i just used the autometer pro comp boost gauge...they all work the same pretty much.

i made 213 with just a 2.5 inch exhaust, dsm 450s, and autoworks fmic kit at 14-15psi and NO tuning. my tuner said it would have made 230 easy. had it tuned very very very conservative at 12ish psi and made 190/191.

i am going with the greddy kit again for my new build. plans are 250+. i have a greddy mani flanged for an external wastegate to hold boost all the way(had problems like 90% of greddy users with the internal wastegate not holding boost), 15g that is being sent in for a 19t upgrade, autoworks 2.5inch downpipe, 450s, fmic.
hope my old 15g does you good Goose!!!
and i hope to get a retune on mine since i have a new motor and upgraded to FMIC and bigger piping since last tune.

as far as your o2 sensor goes. you can delete it like goose stated or if you go with hondata you might need a new on depending on how old yours is. i think you can have it deleted on hondata but both me and my buddies runs with them. and jsut regular autometer gauges will be perfect for you. you dont need anything special for this setup

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 zccrxsi will become famous soon enoughzccrxsi will become famous soon enoughzccrxsi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
wow your a noob for sure...
first like seomone said before get a chipped ecu such as chrome like he said or hondata is what i went with. depending on your budget.
so im a noob because i said bump up the boost and get a tune? when you are the one with hondata
zccrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
so im a noob because i said bump up the boost and get a tune? when you are the one with hondata
alright this is the noobish part of your post or at least what i think.
( not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned)thats what your pst said
just turn the knob and get a tune? what kind of a tune? maybe he might thnk he can just tune it good enough with the emanage! and that would def not be the best way. and no need to buy a part? ARP head studs might be a good investment!

be more specific on stuff. dont just say "bump the boost to 10psi, not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned" that doesnt help the guy at all.

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in