Spun bearing!!! Need crank!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Spun bearing!!! Need crank!!!

Hi guys!!!

I have a d16y8 and after i spun a rod bearing now i need a crankshaft!!!
Here in greece its kinda hard to find a y8 one,so what other block,or crank i can use???

Does the d16a6,or z6 have the same crank with mine?Are they gonna fit???

Please let me know cuz im in a hurry!!!

Thanks a LOT GUYS!!!
DJSORTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

any 1.6 sohc crankshaft will work all are interchangeable however here are some things to note the pre 96 crankshafts have 2 oiling holes and will be much less likely to spin bearings and will still work the same
naterpatater77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Anybody else???
Do you guys have any idea???

Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

I don't know if all all 1.6 cranks are interchangeable or not. Now I'm hella interested.

naterpatater77 pretty much told you everything. if there interchangeable the only difference would be the oiling holes.

search p&p oil pump. the info I posted in particular
Old 11-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 sohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

y series motors are garbage. why rebuild it. swap in a diffrent motor. i'm sure you have d15b vtecs out there..
[email protected] slicks 10/6

92 civic hatch
stock d16y8 18psi 15g
R.I.P. 3/12/8
250whp 221wtq [email protected]
Vitara build 44trim ebay setup
R.I.P. 8/9
325whp 210wtq 20psi [email protected]
sohc-gT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Please guys if you know for sure,tell me which crank works 100% with the d16y8 block.I found a guy that selling a d16a6 crankshaft and another guy that sells a d16z6 crankshaft!!!Which one is better to buy???Is there gonna be any problem with sensors or stuff like that?If i use any of those to cranks am i gonna have to change something?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohc-gT View Post
y series motors are garbage. why rebuild it. swap in a diffrent motor. i'm sure you have d15b vtecs out there..
y's are not garbage..... they just need an oil pump modification....d15b's are better? lol okay..... case closed...
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Lude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

d series is d series right up to 2000. A6 crank would be my crank of choice.
Lude-icious! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

So is tha a6 or z6 crank is gonna work without any problem???
Old 11-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
y's are not garbage..... they just need an oil pump modification....d15b's are better? lol okay..... case closed...
no, they need rebuild with honda bearings at low miles and or oil pump, depending on the condition. or use the larger displacement pump and do the CKF sensor trick.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 brisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

yes they will both work
brisk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
no, they need rebuild with honda bearings at low miles and or oil pump, depending on the condition. or use the larger displacement pump and do the CKF sensor trick.
dude my stock y8 had 175,000 miles on it, 50,000 miles were boosted and guess what? the bearings and the lower end looked great before I went ahead for the vitara/eagle build....
Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
dude my stock y8 had 175,000 miles on it, 50,000 miles were boosted and guess what? the bearings and the lower end looked great before I went ahead for the vitara/eagle build....
then your the one lucky person that didn't spin a rod bearing. ether that or everybody that spins rod bearings don't know how to do oil changes every 3k. or rev the shit out of them all fucking day or something else.

Last edited by guest; 11-10-2008 at 03:56 PM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohc-gT View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
then your the one lucky person that didn't spin a rod bearing. ether that or everybody that spins rod bearings don't know how to do oil changes every 3k. or rev the shit out of them all fucking day or something else.
I did use Mobil-1 synth and changed ever 2500-3000 at the most....and I had a good tune too.... maybe that helped?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I did use Mobil-1 synth and changed ever 2500-3000 at the most....and I had a good tune too.... maybe that helped?
that definitely helps. there's not a tsb for the oil pump or lubrication system. it must just be the people that own EK.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

use the a6 or z6 wich ever is cheaper for you..

then port/shim the pump and call it a day

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

that a6 or z6 crank should fit. The snouts are the same. they use the same main and rod bearings. same journal OD. I'd just get that a6 crank. I'd be shocked if it didn't fit. post up if it fits or not!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

i honestly dont think they will work. when i got mine rebuilt (z6) they said the a6 is the same thing and it will work. if the y8 crank was the same thing it would of been in there book. so i would do some hard serching on this. maybe call a motor shop and have them look the cranks up and compare them and get there opinion also
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

i used a z6 crank in my old built y7 block its the same there are 2 diff snout sizes just make sure its the right one or you will need a crank pully to match it

the only diff in the z6/a6 to the y's is the 2 oiling holes hence why u need to shim and port the pump

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in