Nitrous - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Nitrous

Hey guys....i wanna run nitrous on my car, because i did a mini me on it and something the head shop did is F***** my head up and so it dont crack vtec until its cold lol so im lookin for another cheap easy way for power and ive always wanted to run nitrous so what do you guys think would be a better kit for me? i have a ridiculous rich car i mean my back bumper can be filled with blck smoke by the end of the night smashin around because the ecu i have is chipped for a b20 so it has more fuel going in that air and i have a waldbo 255 pump on a d15b7/y8 mini me head and i heard if i get wet it might cause nitrous backfire so i should go with dry......anyone? im confused on what to get, im only going to do a 35shot
Gen1Teg86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
eee
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 eee is learning the way of the Deee is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

You need to get the right ecu for your car first!
And what do you mean the vtec only comes in when it is cold?
eee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by eee View Post
You need to get the right ecu for your car first!
And what do you mean the vtec only comes in when it is cold?
No shit! You need to sort all the other crap out before you ever consider nitrous. VTEC is actually only supposed to activate if your engine has warmed up. Also, get your ECU tuned for your set up..... That could be a lot of youur problem right there.

As far as nitrous kits, this has been discussed a lot (I just left a thread about a small ntrous system). Any system that's not install correctly can lead to a nitrous backfire or worse. A dry 50 shot is fine for a motor in good condition, but I would personnally go with a wet system if you plan in upping the jets at sometime in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 andresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to andresdelsol Send a message via MSN to andresdelsol

beside all these thing above, you may need spark plugs 1 or 2 stps coulder that the ones you have, if you already have tha fuel pump good, however have in considerations upgrade the injectors, also an exhoust system from the headers to the catback will help you a lot with those extra gases. i have the same engine ( d15b7) and i just installed the nitrous yeserday, i will bring some pics for you!
andresdelsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in