Spark plug gap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Spark plug gap

I getting everything setup for 75 wet shot and need to know if i need to chang the gap to do so it's a d16z6 with a y8 head. thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sohceg6pat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

you need to get 1 step colder ngk 3330s and do a stock gap and retard atleast 1 degrees

I ♥ my Honda

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

Personally I would set the gap around .030-.032 for a 75 kit.
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

ya that sounds like a good gap but dont for get to retard timing atleast a degree

I ♥ my Honda

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

timing at 10-12 BTDC, R5671A-8 plugs.

.028 gap to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
timing at 10-12 BTDC, R5671A-8 plugs.

.028 gap to start.
listen to this man..

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

.028 is kinda small isn't it?
m R g S r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

nope, better to be a little tight to get a good ground strap temp reading before opening the gap up.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I ran timing back 2 degree's and .032 gap on colder plugs when I was running a 75 shot.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13g-crx View Post
I ran timing back 2 degree's and .032 gap on colder plugs when I was running a 75 shot.
and you blew it up??????

Better to start tight and safe, then expand from there. I did end up running .032-.034 plug gap but I had a MSD 6 AL to help, start SAFE.

N2O will bite you in the butt if you get too greedy, I know this MYSELF!

Quote:
Old 11-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
and you blew it up??????
LOL No. I ran two bottles through it before the turbo went on. Sold the motor and its still being beat on today.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

thanks for the help i got to run on 50 shot wasn't to happy with the times. I couldn't launch the car off the line no tracion in first run the spary in 2nd and 3rd and ran 9.7s that sucks but got to start some where lol

Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

MT 20x8x14 @ 12 psi

Never try spray on street tires at the track, it is a waste of NAWZ!

Stock Z6 with IHE on 20x8x14 @ 12 psi will run 9.40 @ the 1/8 mile

Jump to 75/85 shot

Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohceg6pat View Post
thanks for the help i got to run on 50 shot wasn't to happy with the times. I couldn't launch the car off the line no tracion in first run the spary in 2nd and 3rd and ran 9.7s that sucks but got to start some where lol
Also, in the future, is there a place you could make a 3rd gear pull, lift, and then kill the motor, coasting to a stop. Allow engine to cool, pull plugs and take pics??????

I need pics like this

But not like this.........ouch....even I'm not perfect!

Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

More good, aka perfection!

Quote:
Old 11-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

I did the plug check everything looks good but thanks for the advise

Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
More good, aka perfection!

no side gapping?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Why side gap, I didn't have clearance issues.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

well i did not run a 75 shot just run a 50 shot wet till i get the fell of things.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in