Turbo question. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo question.

I was thinking about doing a d16a6 turbo and I was wondering would this turbo, 57trim t3/to4e would be good?
JayDeeMFoo! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 JAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respectJAVIE  is slowly gaining respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMFoo! View Post
I was thinking about doing a d16a6 turbo and I was wondering would this turbo, 57trim t3/to4e would be good?
you and a million others.hahaha

great turbo. its a really popular turbo. i think they can dish out almost 500 hp. id rock it
JAVIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Alright thanks, I was looking into a used one from a friend and it has no shaft play in it as well.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

May want to Rebuilt the a6 before you slap that Turbo on. or do you have it Built already?
How many Miles does the Motor Have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

what are your goals need more info sure its a good turbo and as a mtter of fact I rock one on mine but what is the car for.

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

My a6 only have 180k miles on it and it still running good. I may need a rebuild but it should be good for now. The car is just for daily driver.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Go with something smaller you dont need a 57trim try a t3 or is you go t3/t4 go with a 48 a/r exhaust housing quicker spoolup

Old 11-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Go with the .48 ar turbine housing and you should be fine. Otherwise I would look into a smaller turbo if it's your DD.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

I also forgot to say that I am planning on installing a set of Kinlser Itbs for a d series, I'm not sure how that's going to work with a turbo.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

just use the 57 .. @ 10 psi it will make damn good power and its not that laggy keeps the mpg high unlike the smaller 4248 t3s

i like the train hit the 50's and 57s have over the broad power band turbos.. its more exilerating boost is just a down shift away

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

and when your ready to build you kan keep the turbo and just turn the boost up

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hi hater!

your wasting your time if your gonna be n/a stay n/a if your gonna boost go boost dont try and mix the 2 your trying to reinvent the wheel like that tard with the remote mount turbo. stock mani is just fine

Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

people have done the whole itb turbo sit but last i checked its very hard like nearly impossible to make it work efficiently
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in