Exospeed D-series Headers - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Vendor Member Section Exospeed Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 exospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Exospeed D-series Headers

We're back on track with our D-series headers again after some delays the last few months. We have so many projects that the d-series headers kept getting pushed back.

We're just going through several suppliers to check for materials costs to see where we can get the bulk material for the best price. We're trying to keep the costs down as much as we can so everyone can afford our headers. The bulk of the cost that we're trying to get down are the flanges which we are trying to get down to lower another $50 each header.

So stay tuned for any updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-series advocate since 1994.
PLEASE send all PMs to greasemonkey89 I do not visit the forum as often as I could these days. He will be able to help with questions regarding Exospeed products. Thanks.
exospeedracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Looking forward to this. Is it biased towards mild setups?
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice, looking forward to production of the header(s) as well..
Lusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 exospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Borat

Our focus is for the Mild/Semi-Race setups. The cars with decent modifications such as headwork, cams, intake manifold upgrades, higher compression, and a combination of all that. We knew that MOST people out there that would want this would be in the 130-180hp range. There was no point in making an all out race header for the D-series. If you're trying to make 200hp anyways, youre in a different league than most people and we're not catering this header for the extreme setups.

My idea of a mild setup maybe different from others, but in my opinion, the ones that will benefit from a custom header like this are the ones with decent amount of upgrades.

This may tick off some people, but we're really not considering clearance issues on P/S and A/C. At the HP level this is designed for, I'm assuming most arent concerned about AC and PS.

Price isnt set yet, since we havent had the final calculation on costs. But we're working on that at the moment.

I know you guys have been patient with waiting for a D-series header. But we have our hands full with many different projects. From our racing front ends, the Exospeed Racing wheel line, the new sleeves we're working on with Darton, and our turbo kits for race cars. Just alot on our plate all at once.
We'll get something going for you guys soon.

PLEASE send all PMs to greasemonkey89 I do not visit the forum as often as I could these days. He will be able to help with questions regarding Exospeed products. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 blueallie is learning the way of the Dblueallie is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Good deal man! More options for the N/A guys.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

awesome wil the headers are back on track.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by exospeedracing View Post
This may tick off some people, but we're really not considering clearance issues on P/S and A/C.
Now that's what I'm talking about! NO A/C or P/S FTW!
Full A6: SRI, LS TB, Skunk 2 IM, Hondata IM gasket, Bisi 2.2 cam, Bisi valve springs, Bisi cam gear, 77mm Cometic HG, 76mm PM3's, shot-peened rods w/ARP rod bolts, LSD 8lb flywheel, LSD sprung 6-puck clutch, Si tranny, Innovative D-mounts, ETD T-Bar, Xenocron fuel pump, B&M fpr and gauge, Zex direct port nitrous-50 shot (for now)
clubEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hayes

In for some updates
hayes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
If you're trying to make 200hp anyways, you're in a different league than most people and we're not catering this header for the extreme setups.
EXTREEME!!! lol sorry i couln't help it. i am going for 200whp, but are you going with a mass production or a more semi-custom setup that will work in helping ppl in getting better numbers. cause you can still be cost efficient and still make power.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

hey remoer,
Sorry wasnt able to answer your old pms. I just started going on the site more often lately.
IF you guys have any detailed questions, feel free to email them to me at ([email protected]). i'd like to answer them all, but sometimes I miss PMs and forget about them. Its easier through email.

Well our header design will be a TRUE merge collector setup. I know our piping, and collector design will be geared towards the mid 100-hp setups, but I'm sure it will still work with some of the more hardcore setups.

The only reason I said it wasnt really geared towards extreme setups is because I know higher compression, bigger displacement, and bigger cam setups CAN benefit with a different design. But it doesnt mean ours will not work. I'm just being up front with which customers we're shooting for on this. I'm sure we can do some adjustments on the exit pipe diameters to accomodate for different exh piping combinations.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Also, we'll have dyno sheets on our headers before they are released. It'll be fully tested with a decent d16 build to show comparisons.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
hey remoer,
Sorry wasnt able to answer your old pms. I just started going on the site more often lately.
IF you guys have any detailed questions, feel free to email them to me at ([email protected]). i'd like to answer them all, but sometimes I miss PMs and forget about them. Its easier through email.

Well our header design will be a TRUE merge collector setup. I know our piping, and collector design will be geared towards the mid 100-hp setups, but I'm sure it will still work with some of the more hardcore setups.

The only reason I said it wasnt really geared towards extreme setups is because I know higher compression, bigger displacement, and bigger cam setups CAN benefit with a different design. But it doesnt mean ours will not work. I'm just being up front with which customers we're shooting for on this. I'm sure we can do some adjustments on the exit pipe diameters to accomodate for different exh piping combinations.
cool if i remember what i pm you about.. oh wait was it about a cam? if it is i might still be intresetd in still talking about if i'm correct i wrote. just refresh me on the pm or just reply back so i can remember.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 beater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

that's good news Wil, as you know I'd be interested in being one of the first to run an Exospeed custom header
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #4

Quote:
if you go turbo ill kill you chris lol j/k
beater90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....

If it was P/S compatible, i would definitely check it out. AC i could give a fuck about, even when it is 40 degrees and muggy out i just roll the windows down and suffer. I may be an Eskimo but i can stand the heat.

Let me know anyway, if the price is right i think i wouldn't mind ditching the old PS system for the benefit of added flow.

PS: What kind of collector size are you thinking of creating? it's hard to find a header with a 2.25" collector, which seems to be the standard for upgraded exhausts for the D. 2" and 2.5" seem to be the norm.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koots View Post
If it was P/S compatible, i would definitely check it out. AC i could give a fuck about, even when it is 40 degrees and muggy out i just roll the windows down and suffer. I may be an Eskimo but i can stand the heat.

Let me know anyway, if the price is right i think i wouldn't mind ditching the old PS system for the benefit of added flow.

PS: What kind of collector size are you thinking of creating? it's hard to find a header with a 2.25" collector, which seems to be the standard for upgraded exhausts for the D. 2" and 2.5" seem to be the norm.
so ur tough enough to handle the heat, but not tough enough to strong arm the wheels???? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

any chance there will be B series headers as well?
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Is it going to be a one-off design or like a normal 4-2-1/4-1 design but with your spin on it?
civicflow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

im down for a exospeed header!

I ♥ my Honda

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicflow View Post
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Is it going to be a one-off design or like a normal 4-2-1/4-1 design but with your spin on it?

i'd rather finish the testing first before I say anything right now. I want to show results before we officially say its ready. This is for real and we're not lagging on this. No pre-orders or hype before its ready. Once we have the product, you pay, you get your header immediately.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
so ur tough enough to handle the heat, but not tough enough to strong arm the wheels???? :P
It's compatible with my current configuration LOL

Plus Eskimo's can't handle heat normally, but i am part cajun so it all works out for me LOL

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in