MPG C5 vs Prius - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicEXcoupeman
Default MPG C5 vs Prius

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-
civicEXcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

thats pretty amazing.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

S2kTarga is about to kiss the skyS2kTarga is about to kiss the skyS2kTarga is about to kiss the skyS2kTarga is about to kiss the skyS2kTarga is about to kiss the skyS2kTarga is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S2kTarga Send a message via Yahoo to S2kTarga

sampling size is waaaaay to small...imo
S2kTarga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 rbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropesrbtronix is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

They should have taken the streets.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 beater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

the vette only got that much mileage cuz there were alot of downhill runs where he could 'coast'...I was surprised at how shitty the mileage was on the prius though, the dash display was claiming 99.1mpg and in fact he got like 39mpg....
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #4

Quote:
if you go turbo ill kill you chris lol j/k
beater90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 smellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to smellslikerice

prius's are the most overrated car there is....

even more than a white trash ferrari
smellslikerice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 beater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatnessbeater90 is approaching greatness

I get better mileage in that with my tired z6 swap in my 90 hatch....lol

Quote:
Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

i wanted to see the drag : /
wizard's blood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

my wife's 06 hemi charger gets at least 25 on the highway averaging 80mph, it has a feature where it turns off four cylinders to save gas...it all boils down to driving style...hypermill ftw

Quote:
Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

areskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via MSN to areskzc

I didn't watch the video but I had this convs with a local car editor, he cannot believe me that a big block FI could actually save gas as a hybrid vehicle on highway scales.

On a daily basis in city MPG the hybrid wins, the frequently stop and go for a V8 is a super gas consumption, but on highway it's easy to understand. At a 55mph highway trip a prius with its 4cyl will be probably cruising at 3-4k rpms... what do you think a V8 revs at 55mph in 6th gear? it's around 2-3k rpms... (without considering the cylinder "shut down"in some car makers 8 to 6 to 4)

you know can figure out the rest

2Y 10M days without smoking
Join me
areskzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Milano_Redline

I could get better gas mileage than the pri-ass.

Milano_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 TheOdditie is learning the way of the DTheOdditie is learning the way of the D

I agree the Prius is an over rated car, and I think the only reason it out sold the Insight is because of the room it offered over it. But when it boils down to which car is the better Hybrid, I don't think they have come out with anything close to the Insight yet, when most of them claim 80+ mpg.

The C5 did surprise me, but because if I was to get a hybrid, it would be an Insight, the hybrid vs v8 wouldn't even come close. Plus....I enjoy my small Hondas.
TheOdditie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

I think the Insight cost more and was a 2-door, so of course the Prius was more appealing to the average consumer.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Milano_Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kTarga View Post
sampling size is waaaaay to small...imo
Agreed. 43 miles really isn't far enough to get an accurate reading from the pumps.

If 39 is all the prius can get, that's pretty pathetic.

Also, keep in mind that the C5 has a 6speed transmission which really helps out with fuel efficiency. They're EPA rated at 25-26 highway.

Milano_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

panda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to panda

lol when they were talking about how prius owners acted i was like GEHY lol.. i dont care i would take that corvette over that prius anyday plus you have a better blue book value

panda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 JZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to all

The 6th gear is really TALL on Vette's.

My Civic > Prius
Old 09-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Great example of a n00b

Rep Power: 15 wildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropes

Prius might be overrated... but it backed by the goverment programs such as

EZ-pass - discount for tunnel/bridge/highway tolls
Tax Credit -
HOV lanes on Long Island Expressway.

Just a thought.
Mista Bone
93 LX Civic - 100% stock!
Goal: Daily Commuter - Suggestions?

wildpikachu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

ehhh my crownvic gets like 25mpg highway and thats a 4spd auto. I can get it to say 99mpg too ive done it.

but yeah fuck the prius. Ill spend 3g for a dx hatch and get the same or better for ALOT less money
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by areskzc View Post
I didn't watch the video but I had this convs with a local car editor, he cannot believe me that a big block FI could actually save gas as a hybrid vehicle on highway scales.

On a daily basis in city MPG the hybrid wins, the frequently stop and go for a V8 is a super gas consumption, but on highway it's easy to understand. At a 55mph highway trip a prius with its 4cyl will be probably cruising at 3-4k rpms... what do you think a V8 revs at 55mph in 6th gear? it's around 2-3k rpms... (without considering the cylinder "shut down"in some car makers 8 to 6 to 4)

you know can figure out the rest
The Prius cruises at around 2k rpm at highway speed. It only needs like 25 hp to maintain 70 mph...

I have one - the display will show 99.9 mpg anytime you lift your foot off the pedal, that's the instantaneous display.

I normally get 55-60 mpg in my wife's Prius.

I don't see a whole lot of Civics doing that, with enough room in the back to fit two car seats without struggling.

Love how all the people who flame have probably never even driven one.

It's a comfortable, big, safe car that happens to get extremely good gas mileage. It's not stripped down, has a lot of cool features.

The only Civic that can reasonably compared to it is the 06+ Civic Hybrid, which is just as expensive.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car

Last edited by shifty35; 09-03-2008 at 08:32 PM.
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty35 View Post
The Prius cruises at around 2k rpm at highway speed. It only needs like 25 hp to maintain 70 mph...

I have one - the display will show 99.9 mpg anytime you lift your foot off the pedal, that's the instantaneous display.

I normally get 55-60 mpg in my wife's Prius.

I don't see a whole lot of Civics doing that, with enough room in the back to fit two car seats without struggling.

Love how all the people who flame have probably never even driven one.

It's a comfortable, big, safe car that happens to get extremely good gas mileage. It's not stripped down, has a lot of cool features.

The only Civic that can reasonably compared to it is the 06+ Civic Hybrid, which is just as expensive.
is that 55-60mpg what the readout claims, or is that what you've observed by filling up and calculating the miles? Because on the vid the prius only averaged 39 observed mpg.....

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in